Author Topic: anyone using a bsa red dot ?  (Read 780 times)

Offline presdme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
anyone using a bsa red dot ?
« on: January 12, 2006, 01:11:48 PM »
Hey all , just turning my ultra slugger into  my ultra turkey and noticed my red dot scope looks a little funny. The end you dont look into has two lenes, one on the outside and one on the inside, the colored lens on the inside of mine  is slanted. If anyone has a bsa red dot could you please give it a look and see if yours is that way.Gotta wonder if the bsa is about to give up to the old 10 gauge pounding?  THANKS ALL and GOOD HUNTIN !!!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 03:31:15 PM »
That is actually a mirror and it is supposed to be at an angle.  Here is what is says on the paperwork that came with my sight;

"Red dot sights work by reflecting the light from a light emitting diode off of a mirror and back to the eye of the user. The mirror is specially coated to reflect the diodes light, while at the same time allowing the user to see through it to the target.  The mirror is located at the front of the red dot and must be tipped at an angle. This angle is necessary to reflect the light of the diode, which is located on the edge of the tube, straight back to the user's eye. The angle or tilt of the mirror in no way signifies any malfunction of the device."
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline presdme

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 01:20:58 AM »
:grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:
                                                THANK YOU!!!
                                                GOOD HUNTIN!!

Offline oo_buck

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 10:27:18 AM »
How'd you mount that red dot to your .10ga????

Offline presdme

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 02:23:07 PM »
Hey oo buck, the barrel is a 10 gauge turkey special from nef, it came drilled for a red dot or pistol scope. I think they call it the scout type scope system. It  takes a 42mm red dot bsa pretty good ,good big view but a little bit on the ugly side if you ask me, but very functional. Anything else I can help you with just ask and I will try my best.GOOD HUNTIN!!!

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 12:55:02 AM »
Quote from: presdme
Hey oo buck, the barrel is a 10 gauge turkey special from nef, it came drilled for a red dot or pistol scope. I think they call it the scout type scope system. It  takes a 42mm red dot bsa pretty good ,good big view but a little bit on the ugly side if you ask me, but very functional. Anything else I can help you with just ask and I will try my best.GOOD HUNTIN!!!

what kind of scope bases and rings are you using on your 10 ga.? i ordered my nef 10 ga. last week,never know,might put some kind of scope on it.thanks

Offline kylongbeard

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2006, 05:33:27 PM »
Ridgerunner,

I'm new to this discussion, but I believe the Weaver #19 mounts are what I put my BSA Red Dot on with.  I agree, it is ugly, but definately gets the job done.  My only suggestion is to put some sort of sleave on the stock to hold a few extra sheels,but more importantly to tuck a few extra batteries underneath it.  My biggest concern is that I'll forget to turn the scope off in the midst of all the excitiment.

Longbeard

Offline cmbtengr12b

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 07:21:58 AM »
I use a BSA Red Dot on my Ultra Slug Hunter. I love the set up. It works great for my purposes.
Dave

Offline cmbtengr12b

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 07:23:11 AM »
I use a BSA Red Dot on my Ultra Slug Hunter. I love the set up. It works great for my purposes.
Dave