Author Topic: burris compact  (Read 673 times)

Offline Kal52

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Contributor
burris compact
« on: January 14, 2006, 01:48:44 PM »
Hi all

Ive just ordered a CZ 527 FS in .223 for yotes and other small game/plinking.

I have been thinking of the burris compact series in either a 3-9 or a 4-12.
I will be using some warne quick detach rings I think.

Main concerns are the rear sight gettiing in the way of the bell on the longer scopes, and I just like the light rifles/light scope combo.

Anyone have any feedback on this?

Thanks,

Dave

Offline hunt127588

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
burris compact
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 03:57:21 PM »
As far as the scope goes, I have a Burris Compact 3-9x32AO on a CZ 452. While the scope is good in theory, the optics are not crisp. Around the edge, they are blurry and my eyes strain after an extensive shooting session. If looking for a compact, I would look at something else...Maybe along the lines of a Leupold.

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
Leupold
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 01:24:01 PM »
I have an EFR 3x9 VariX with AO. I would not recommend it as POI changes too much on power adjustment. I use it on 6X with the AO left at 175 yards. For bench work it is very difficult to adjust out the parallax. My other Leupolds I am happy with!!!

McLernon

Offline 7x57mm

• Avid Poster
burris compact
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 06:01:10 PM »
Kal52: If it were me I'd go with the 4x12. I have a CZ 527 Lux model that I put an aftermarket CZ-USA fancy grade American Walnut American style stock on it. Had trouble finding the scope fast with the hogback stock. My brother owns a CZ 550 Full Stock and he has no problem at all. I have a monster 6.5x20x50 scope on my CZ 527. I have to mount it so the Adjustable Objective ring it in front of the rear site just a tad. As it was, I drifted the rear site out, took the front site off and put a filler screw into the front site screw hole. I plan to replace the scope with a Simmons 6x18x40 with side focus for the parallex adjustment. I am certain it will clear the rear site ring fairly easily. You may have to drift the rear site dovetail out of its barrel mount, but that is not hard to do at all. Just hang on to it. I also punch paper with my CZ 527 and the 20 power setting allows me to see the .22 caliber bullet holes at 200 yards. My CZ 527 will drill half inch groups easily with the 50 grain Sierra el-cheapo varmit bullet and Winchester 748 powder. Have a good time with your new rifle. Tom Purdom