Author Topic: Bushnell Scopechief  (Read 655 times)

Offline jmckinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Bushnell Scopechief
« on: March 15, 2006, 03:56:12 AM »
:D  I was wondering if the optics experts here (kidding) :eek: have had any experience with the Scopechief? I had one many moons ago and it was a very good scope for it price point. I just picked NIB a 3-9x50 and will put it on my Custom Winchester 1917 in 06. How does this glass stack up today?
                     Jess
Jess

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Bushnell Scopechief
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 05:36:22 AM »
Jess,

I have several Japan built Scopechiefs, they have excellent glass and are built well, they just don't have the lense coatings that are available on modern scopes. I think you will be well served with the scope you have chosen. :wink:

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 257 roberts

• Avid Poster
Bushnell Scopechief
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 04:02:44 PM »
I have one in 6x and I'm very happy with it. :D

Offline flintlock

Bushnell Scopechief
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 04:45:06 PM »
I bought one in 1980...paid about $130 for...3x9x40....Used it until I bought a Leupold a few years back and gave it to my little brother when he got into deer hunting. He bought a Ruger .270, I set his gun up for him...Between him and his son they probably killed 50 deer or so with it...Just this past December, he had me check it out for him, it was loosing zero...Haven't looked into getting it fixed, as he had gotten another .270 in the meantime and had me put a Leupold on it for him...found out why I had changed over....He plans to replace sometimes this summer...

Offline Mattkc

• Avid Poster
Bushnell Scopechief
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 06:38:28 PM »
I sent a Scopechief into Bushnell and they wouldn't fix it.  They did offer me a discount on a Legend.  I saw a help wanted add recently  for Bushnell scope repairmen pay $10 a hour.  In their area you can make that much working fast food.  Any repair they do would be pretty basic I think they mainly just swap out a new scope.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Bushnell Scopechief
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 06:45:41 PM »
Bushnell's warranty is only good to the original owner.

Tim

http://bushnell.com/customer_service/warranty.cfm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline jmckinley

• Contributor
Bushnell Scopechief
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2006, 03:30:41 AM »
:-D  Tim thanks for your info, I'm lucky because this is new in the box and in fact picked another one up as well. It will go on my Custom Winchester Enfield.  Jess
Jess