Author Topic: Remington XP-100s  (Read 675 times)

Offline HoppyLV

• Trade Count: (0)
Remington XP-100s
« on: March 22, 2006, 10:56:04 AM »
Anyone outhere XP-100 owners/shooters.  I just picked up a real nice old original in 221 Fireball. I am trying to tap some knoledge from anyone out there who has a passion/opinion, or is knoledgable about them.

Any information would be greatly appreciated...

Offline springer222

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Remington XP-100s
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 01:28:05 PM »
I have two, an original 221 FB as well and just purchased, yet to receive, a 7mm-08 with a custom walnut stock. I wouldn't say that I'm all that knowledgable, but really enjoy shooting the 221 - what little I shoot it anymore because of other interest. What shooting I have done, the 221 is very accurate both with factory and handloads. If you have specific questions, drop me a PM and I will try to answer.

Offline Heavyhaul

• Avid Poster
Remington XP-100s
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 04:58:26 PM »
Mine will out shoot me.  They are alot of fun at the range when guys bring out their medium range varmitter.  Buy a good scope and reload. :D

Offline HoppyLV

Remington XP-100s
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2006, 10:43:41 AM »
I plan on reloading as soon as I can get set-up in that cal.  I am iching to shoot it beforehand.  I was wondering if there was any factory loads available that shoot half way deceint.  That way I could have  a little fun and fire form some brass.

More importantly I am trying to deceide if I should scope/shoot the gun in original condition, or consider customizing it...

Offline Heavyhaul

• Avid Poster
Remington XP-100s
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2006, 06:42:32 PM »
Midway sells brass at a good price.  If you buy a couple of loaded boxes you will have the price of 100 brass and dies spent.  I only shot one box of factories and that was over 10 years a go.  I'm not sure why I haven't tried any 52 or 53 gr bullets, but Sierra and Rem 55 gr shoot very well from mine.  I have also shot SXSP and Blitz and all four shoot less that one inch groups at 100 yards.  My gun is the way it came from factory with the exception of the 2.5-7 Nickols (?) scope.  Let me know what you come up with.

Offline 223Shooter

• Avid Poster
Remington XP-100s
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 09:20:25 AM »
I HAD a .221 Fireball..great pistol. I dropped alot of woodchucks with my handloads. It's one of those..."I wish I had not sold that gun" thing.

Offline JOE MACK

• Avid Poster
XP-100
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 03:41:56 PM »
I really like mine. It was a single shot .35 Remington I had made into a .358 Winchester. I've taken a couple elk with it and have no complaints with it. Now that Kaliforniastan passed their new single shot law, I plan on acquiring a couple more. :-)
JOE MACK aka Brian aka .41FAN

HAVE MORE FUN AND GET THE JOB DONE WITH A .41

Offline HoppyLV

Remington XP-100s
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 09:50:47 AM »
No doubt brass and dies are the right way to go.   Does any know of a reloading manual for the XP, or any other publication that list pet loads for accuracy.

I am also trying to figure out what scope, base, and rings I should mount on it.  The only scoped hand guns I have had any experience with were all 2X.  I am wondering what the most logical application for this gun.

Any one have any recomendations on hand loads or scopes? Good suggestions help me with my homework...

Offline springer222

• Avid Poster
Remington XP-100s
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 01:32:53 PM »
Just re-sent you a PM; I tried yesterday, but couldn't get it to go thru. And I never received an e-mail, so I couldn't respond that way. If you don't get the PM, drop me another note and I will respond to your initial PM.

Offline R J Kellems

Remington XP 100
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 06:32:44 AM »
HoppyLV

I am just like 223 shooter, I had one and it shot very well.  I wish I had never have sold it.
I wish I knew where I could get another one of the originals. :cry:

RJ

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
Remington XP-100s
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »
For XP info from some very knowledgeable folks, go here: http://specialtypistols.infopop.cc/eve
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.