Author Topic: A VISIT WITH A FRIEND  (Read 465 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
A VISIT WITH A FRIEND
« on: March 17, 2006, 03:39:51 AM »
I had the opportunity to drive to Baton Rouge yesterday [Thursday] and visit with a friend, Buddy Fuentes. He is a real shooter and excellent shot.
He allowed me too drool over his Kahr's, Kimber's and collection of very fine weapons. None of these are wall hangers boys, plenty of lead down range with all.
9MM, Super .38's, 9X23's, .45's. Pin guns, plate guns, cometition guns. I am still lusting.
I wish that I could have the opportunity too visit with many of you, too look, drool an lust.
Thanks too all who make this site a fun place to visit, for sharing good, solid, information and advice. You folks make the days bearable.
Keep it up.
Yes! I am even talking about  "OLD" GB also. :shock:  :-)
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Glanceblamm

A VISIT WITH A FRIEND
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:22:49 PM »
William
Some things were meant to be coveted.  :D

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
A VISIT WITH A FRIEND
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 04:16:04 PM »
I've met a few fellows that I've talked to on hunting boards too. So far(knock on wood! LOL!) they've all been pretty good people, with some turning out to be absolutely fantastic friends.

I know there's a lot of crazy people on the net, but for the most part, the hunting boards seem to attract good people.

Offline williamlayton

A VISIT WITH A FRIEND
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 01:50:32 AM »
I am not saying you can't be fooled, that goes for the other fellow and me also, but some times after conversations and readings you get a feeling.
Now we met in a public place and talked for a long time, trading e-mails, sharing info and even though he is a retired peace officer  :oops:  :roll:  :-)  I felt as thoght he was trustworthy.
I would never make a date with someone of the opposite sex off the net or form a lasting impression of anyone in this fashion. I did feel comfortable in this setting and it went well.
Buddy is a shooter for the BR poloice dept team, even though he is retired, and shoots copetition for Glock, locally.
I found, thru conversations, that his interest and mine ran on the same vein. I have found those here, GB, Mikey, Ironglow, Savage, Butlerford, ect to a great number [did not leave anyone out on purpose  :oops: ] that I would dearly like to vist with, face to face, mano a mano.
Some smart cookies here, I promise.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD