Author Topic: STI-pistols  (Read 540 times)

Offline kyote

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
STI-pistols
« on: March 13, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »
Is there any thoughts on the STI pistols.have a chance to pick up one 5.1 in .40sw 6 HC mags and I believe it is a limited class style pistol.bull barrel/tugsten guide rod with reverse plug.
my huntin rifle is safe from confiscation only while my battle rifle protects it.

Offline williamlayton

STI-pistols
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 12:00:20 AM »
I own two and I know several who own them. I think they are fine and with the customer service they have you will enjoy the experience.
They are as close too custom as one can get without the price of custom.
They use quality frames and parts.
How has the one you are looking at been maintained and how much has it been shot?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline kyote

• A Real Regular
STI-pistols
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 04:49:09 PM »
It has been maintianed well.the breech face shows that it has been shot mucho.but the frame is tight as is the barrel.the mags looked like they have been inserted fast in matchs where time was critical.so,there are some dings on the lips and small bends.I can correct these myself.I think overall the pistol is in excellent shape.
my huntin rifle is safe from confiscation only while my battle rifle protects it.

Offline williamlayton

STI-pistols
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 09:43:48 PM »
How much is he asking?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline kyote

• A Real Regular
STI-pistols
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2006, 12:36:31 PM »
$1600.00 comes with extra followers,wolf springs,mag release,and a couple other items.

Offline williamlayton

STI-pistols
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 12:57:00 AM »
I think this is a bit high.
I am not concerned about the round count.
Why not call Dawson Percision and ask them to price out a new one.
My Trojan, which can be had in a .40 [a quick think, check it out] and depending on what you ask them to do, for less than $1600.
My Trojan, reamed and converted to 9X23 was less than that using a aftec ejector and different sights.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline kyote

• A Real Regular
STI-pistols
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2006, 02:46:09 AM »
seems retail is a little over $2000.00 (for everything)and whole sale is a little over $1600.00 sooo,I am wondering.I have looked on guns america comparing prices.most of those folks are proud of what they own also.he he he..

Offline rockbilly

STI-pistols
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2006, 03:20:51 AM »
:D I have to agree with ole william, they are quality ll the way.  I also have two, a Duty One, and Eagle 5.0, both in .45.  I haven't put that many rounds through either one of them, but was well pleased when I did.

Now as for the price of the used gun you are looking at.  Based on what I have seen it seems fair.  I bought both of mine used at simular prices.  The duty One had less than 100 rounds put through it when I bought it, it came with box and papers, six mags, a holster, two full boxes plus a few extra rounds (and the empty cases to fill the boxes), there was also a Midway pistol cleaning kit.  I paid $1100. for it.  The Eagle I bought from a guy in the military that was in the process of getting a divorce, all I got was the gun, I picked it up for $500. and a Glock 27 with three mags.

If the gun appears to be in good shape I wouldn't walk away at that price. :wink:

Offline williamlayton

STI-pistols
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2006, 01:30:25 AM »
I do not know your location but Dawson has an 800 number. Call and ask for Paul. Get the facts and then make a decision.
Again the round count does not have to be the determing factor if the weapon has been maintained.
Let me know what Paul says. he shoots straight.
I agree with you on Guns America or most all of the net, sorry but I am a touchy-feely person and do not trust anything I can't look at. Just because I am paranoid doesn't mean somebody is not trying to get me. :-)
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline kyote

• A Real Regular
STI-pistols
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2006, 06:37:38 AM »
thanks guy,sand william thats funny.doen't mean there trying to get me..he he he..well I went ahead and bought the pistol.and am happy with it.seem a lot of money.as I recieved for christmas 11 years ago a bran new colt 1911,one of the 1st commercial pistols sold to the civilans.the price was still on the box written in grease pencil.$57.60..my dad bought it way back when and gave it to me..and that price is a far cry from what I paid..
But back to the STI.I think its sweet and I guess if you want something.you gotta pay.it should give me many years of excellent service..

Offline williamlayton

STI-pistols
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2006, 11:45:25 PM »
Enjoy.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD