Author Topic: Bushnell Shooters Tripod and Elite Spotting Scope  (Read 325 times)

Offline dobk

• Trade Count: (0)
Bushnell Shooters Tripod and Elite Spotting Scope
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:09:14 PM »
Ordered a Bushnell Elite 80mm Spotting Scope and Shooters tripod from The Optic Zone.   There are minimal instructions with the Elite and none with the tripod.  Having a little trouble figuring out how it mounts together, even with the spacer it's not tightening down.  Bushnell wanted me to ship scope and tripod to them for repair, fellow at The Optic Zone was not familiar with the tripod.  Can anyone help me with this?

Offline Jim N Mo.

Bushnell Shooters Tripod and Elite Spotting
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:25:52 PM »
Have the same setup and had no problems , just got the mount the other day from O.Z.  I backed the wheel all the way towards the knob and then used the knob to screw into the bottom of the scope . When tight I then tightened up the wheel to where it was taunt but not overly tight . Very happy with mount and scope .

Offline dobk

OK, I got it now.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 02:10:45 PM »
Use the "wheel" to tighten the scope to the mount, not the knob.  You would think they could have put an instruction sheet in the box on that or at least had it on the website.  Do like the setup now.