Author Topic: 20 gauge youth with vent rib and choke system (single shot).  (Read 747 times)

Offline TNhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
20 gauge youth with vent rib and choke system (single shot).
« on: March 03, 2006, 07:13:15 AM »
If so what is the model #.  I'm looking for a 20 gauge youth single shot with vent rib and choke.  (Vent rib so I can put on a truglo fiber optic sight).  If not what about a 20 gauge youth with choke system - so I can have the barrel tapped for a scope mount.  Would prefer synthetic stock.  Thanks.

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
20 gauge youth with vent rib and choke syst
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 11:02:54 AM »
Check out the 2006 Catalog.  I don't recall seeing any youth barrels with vent rib, but they do have some new models in shotgun and combo with choke tube barrels.  Also, they come with a synthetic stock.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Froghunter

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
  • Contributor
  • .38 Special and .357 S&W Magnum Stuff
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2006, 01:34:53 PM »
TN Hunter,

I set my wife up with a 20 guage TDC. It has a 27.5 inch barrel with a mod. choke tube, and vent rib. I purchased her the youth walnut Topper Jr. classic stock from H&R ($62 a set, I think) added the stock with #9 lead shot. I started her with rem 20 ga. reduced loades. I have also purchased her a cylinder and full chokes tube. She is now shooting one round of trap and one round of skeet a week. She wants to increase this to two times a week.  She harvested her first squirrel about a week ago and she is starting to get ready for Turkey season. I hope this helps, for I also have a 20 ga. TDC and I love it.
"Think Positive and Positive Things Will Happen"

"There's Only One Bore Size and That is .357....That's MHO"

Froghunter

Offline TNhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2006, 04:04:25 PM »
Found the model number in the 2006 catalog I picked up at the NWTF Convention last weekend - SB1-25C is the 20 gauge black synthetic stock youth model with screw-in chokes.  Now - what screw-in chokes does it use - I believe I read somewhere that it uses Winchester Win-Choke tubes.  Is that correct?  Secondly - can the barrel be drilled/tapped for a scopemount for mounting a red-dot scope.  Lastly - I bought my USH 20 gauge from Walmart last fall.  I don't see this model on their website.  What process do I need to go through to get it through them?  Do I just need this model number and let them look it up in their distributor someway?

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 11:32:46 PM »
Here are the links to the Walmart special order pages for the USH and USH Youth models.  Print the one you want and take it with you to Wally.  Note the Walmart Item number at the very bottom of the page.  They will need that number to order it for you.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3138389

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3138404

These are the standard Ultra Slug Hunter models.  Wally also lists the Deluxe model in the 12 and 20 adult models on their page.

Here is the link to get you to the Walmart Special order pages.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=170080&path=0%
3A4125%3A4155%3A170080

I believe you are correct on the other 2 points.  The Win Chokes should work and, from what I have heard here on the forum, I don't believe there would be a problem getting your 20ga barrel drilled and tapped for a scope mount.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 11:51:39 PM »
Checked out the SportsSouth web site, also.  They show IN STOCK on all the USH models except the STANDARD USH 20ga.  The Deluxe USH cost a little more, but they sure are pretty.  Here is the link for the SportsSouth site.

http://www.internetguncatalog.com/results.asp

I use the Super Search option on the Left Margin and select H&R 1871.  That lists all the NEF/H&R models.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2006, 11:39:41 AM »
Thanks FrogHunter

I set my wife up with a 20 guage TDC. It has a 27.5 inch barrel with a mod. choke tube, and vent rib. I purchased her the youth walnut Topper Jr. classic stock from H&R ($62 a set, I think) added the stock with #9 lead shot. I started her with rem 20 ga. reduced loades. I have also purchased her a cylinder and full chokes tube. She is now shooting one round of trap and one round of skeet a week. She wants to increase this to two times a week. She harvested her first squirrel about a week ago and she is starting to get ready for Turkey season. I hope this helps, for I also have a 20 ga. TDC and I love it.

Great Idea... Just called H&R Customer Service, closed for the day, will call tomorrow, hope they have Topper Jr. classic stockset.
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.

Offline GrampaMike

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 02:43:33 PM »
Just finished swapping stocksets.  Works great, about 2 inches shorter.

Thanks again FrogHunter.

Mike
Grampa Mike
U.S. Army Retired

"Say what you mean, mean what you say"
Father of 2 GREAT sons, and 9 grandchildren.

Offline Cookiemann

• Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2006, 12:42:37 AM »
GrampaMike,
How about a measurement...PLEASE.   What does it measure between the trigger and the center of the Buttstock?  Does that Youth Classic stock have come with a recoil pad?  Thanks
cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2006, 06:36:31 AM »
Cookieman,

It says the LOP is 12-1/2" on the Topper Junior Classic and 14-1/4" LOP on the Topper Deluxe Classic. So that would be 1-3/4" shorter than an adult stock and it has a recoil pad. Check it out here.

http://www.hr1871.com/firearms/index.php?cat=3&subcat=13
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member