Author Topic: NEF 12 ga. Turkey Gun Loads ?  (Read 848 times)

Offline Woodchuck Sniper

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF 12 ga. Turkey Gun Loads ?
« on: April 02, 2006, 05:16:39 AM »
I baught a 12 ga Partner 3 1/2" , 24" fix full choke camo Turkey gun the other day at Gander Mountain.  I have never owned a NEF but for 144 bucks with the sling.................I took it.

Any information on what factory Turkey/Coyote loads it likes is appreciated.   I did fire some Remington 3 1/2" #4 Turkey loads through it for kicks............and yes it kicks.  Actually it's not that bad with the factory recoil pad.  I will likely go 3" though.

Have most of them shot straight?  Off hand mine seemed a little right and low at 25 yards.  But,  I need to try it off some bags & differant loads before I conclude to that.

Thanks

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 06:58:01 AM »
mine likes the Reminton HEAVY SHOT in 4's..........@ 40 yds :eek:  :eek:

Offline Woodchuck Sniper

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 10:45:53 AM »
moose,

3" shells?

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 02:33:04 PM »
3 1/2" :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Offline Woodchuck Sniper

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 03:22:07 PM »
I have  of Remington Turkey load #4's  x 3 1/2".  Patterned about 10 shells yesterday.  There were o.k.  I don't think I needed the 3 1/2" though.  Just wondering what else works well.

Threaded a fiber optic site on it today.  Kept the bead,  it may go back......kind of liked it.

Picked up some 2 3/4" x #6 low base for home security.  This firearm is easy for my wife to work.  So it's going under the bed with some shells nearby.  It patterned about 6" at 18' with the #6's.  A tactical trainer told me to get that load for in home / wife.  And that the little NEF Partner Turkey guns are good for woman (simple) who don't shoot.  For myself I have found I can pop a second shell in pretty darn quick using the knuckle system.

I have some high end rifles,guns,flyrods,etc............this little bargin work horse is special though.........I like it.

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 11:24:38 PM »
wood chuck/////////////my gun is 10 gauge :eek: , also....where did ya find the fiber obtic bead?????????..........till i have mine tapped for a scope i might get a FO BEAD............THANKS

Offline Woodchuck Sniper

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 01:33:43 AM »
At Walmart yesterday (Super Walmart).  They had a few kinds/styles of "Hi-Vizz"  fiber optic sites.  I got the small one, chartruse (4 bucks and change) that is made to replace front beads.  Comes with 5 differant size threaded lugs.  2 metric / 3 standard I think.  Un-screwed the bead,  matched the correct lug (which if I remember after trying most it was the small one that was in the sight, while in the package).  Little lock tight on the threads.............done.  Save the brass bead just in case.

They are very small lugs and take a while to fiddle with.  So get some good lighting and take your time (1/2 hour).  I had to use a pair of pliers to get the brass bead started.  Also found it easier to put the lug into the optic base first,  then thread unit on to barrel.  Rather than putting the tiny lug into the barrel first (unless your fingers are about 1/4" diameter  :shock: )

A magnifying glass would be a plus to compare threads (I did not have one)

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 04:09:36 PM »
i put one of those hyvis beads on my 10ga. pardner,i really like it,shows up much better than the brass one that came on it.i also got mine at wal-mart ,but if you cant find them there,bass pro .com has them for about the same price+shipping.

Offline 981tman

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2006, 04:14:06 AM »
try winchester supremes, or Remington premier magnums. Cost plenty less than all that new fangled heavy stuff, work just as fine.

Offline moose

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2006, 11:45:47 PM »
Federal also makes a great turkey load...........but i like the heavi shot the best :eek:  :-)