Author Topic: Para-Ordnance or PT 24/7  (Read 604 times)

Offline Ghostrider_23

• Trade Count: (0)
Para-Ordnance or PT 24/7
« on: May 14, 2006, 10:26:59 AM »
I want to get another 45ACP. and I'm looking at the Para-Ordnance in Covert Black Carry CWX645E and the PT 24/7 in 45 ACP. I've heard great things about the PT 24/7, but was worried about the recoil and size. The Para-Ordnance is nice except the price and it only holds 7 Rounds to the 13 rounds of the PT 24/7. Does anyone have any advice or experience with these guns I would like your in put. How do they shot and carry.

Thanks,
Ghostrider

Offline Savage

Para-Ordnance or PT 24/7
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 11:20:50 AM »
My Para experience is with the C-645 LDA. Very compact and thin, problem was, it weighed over 30 ozs! I have no experience with the Taurus pistols, but 7rds of .45 is plenty in a compact. I can reccommend the Kimber Ultra Carry for a large bore concealable pistol. A double stack compact is wayyyyyy to thick for proper concealment, for my money.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
Para-Ordnance or PT 24/7
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 04:09:36 PM »
I have bad news & semi-bad news for you. My C6.45LDA would only feed Cor-Bon and FMJ rounds even after a trip to the factory. The factory advised against using Cor-Bon regularily because it pounds the gun too much and FMJ rounds are not my first choice for self defense. So, in my experience, the C6.45LDA, while it looks good on paper, is not a good choice for self defense.

I have no actually experience with the 24x7 so it may very well be a good gun but past expereinces with other Taurus autoloaders have been less than favorable. Their revolvers, on the other hand, have been pretty good.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline Ghostrider_23

thank you
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 12:03:02 PM »
Thanks Sir knight,
I have justread CombatHandguns that stated the same thing. They say it's a feed problem with the clip, you may want to try some other brand of clip.

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
Para-Ordnance or PT 24/7
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2006, 02:13:49 PM »
Might be wrong but I don't believe that anyone else makes a magazine that sits flush in a C6.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline Old Griz

Para-Ordnance or PT 24/7
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 04:38:29 AM »
:cb2: That's when you go to a Glock 36!  :eek:
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Savage

Para-Ordnance or PT 24/7
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 05:16:59 AM »
Didn't keep my Para long enough to try an Officer's mdl magazine in it. If the mag release is in the right place,  these mags should work length wise. I've got the best of both worlds, an Officer's size and a Glock 36!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,