Author Topic: springfeild arms  (Read 816 times)

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
springfeild arms
« on: March 28, 2006, 09:58:22 AM »
i was looking at the new springfeilds has anyone seen this gun it comes it 9mm,40,and 45  i was wondering if anyone has any kind of experience with this particular gun.    thanks for any info Terry

Offline greenjeans

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
springfeild arms
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 01:21:45 PM »
If you're talking about the XD, they have been out there for awhile. The .45 just came out recently. Don't have one, but never heard anything bad about them. Someone will chime in who has them.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline Savage

springfeild arms
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 03:02:37 PM »
The XDs are imported by Springfield. They are good basic service style pistols. Probably no better or no worse than the others in this class.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Illhunter

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
springfeild arms
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 04:23:30 PM »
i think it is the xd and i was told it was better than the glocks i am not to sure have never owned a glock though it was $500 not sure if it was a good price or not  thanks for the info   Terry

Offline sureshot2040

• Trade Count: (27)
  • A Real Regular
springfeild arms
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 11:43:43 PM »
i have an xd45acp
in my opinion it is a helluva lot better than a glock
it is abt the size slidewise of a glock 19 and gripwise the 17
but instead of 9mm it holds 13+1 rounds of 45
and off hand at 10 yards it puts 10 rounds of winchester white box 230 grain ball ammo in a hole you can cover with a quarter
the gun feels great in my hand alot better than a glock cause it has no finger grooves forcing you to put your fingers in a certain place on the grip
you can "choke up" on the grip of the xd
i was kinda weary abt jumping on a new gun that hadnt proved itself but so far i dont have anything bad to say abt the xd45acp
it seems to offer everything i have always wanted in a carry gun
like i said just my two on it
sureshot

Offline Savage

springfeild arms
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2006, 02:49:53 AM »

Offline Savage

springfeild arms
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2006, 02:58:03 AM »
With this class of pistol, it's more about grip angle and size than anything else. Some prefer the grip angle of the Glock, some the XD, while others might prefer the M&P or the Taurus. Find the one that fits the best and points well for you------------that will be your favorite. These are all without soul and do not elicit the pride of ownership that a Sig or fine 1911 might, but are good shooters and will serve you well in that capacity.
 :D
Savage

Offline Skeeterbaymac

• Avid Poster
springfeild arms
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2006, 11:07:27 AM »
Savage:  Your right about grip angles!  I was issued a glock once, I kept my sig for duty. But because it was a issue weapon, I had to take the glock and I had to qual with them both every three months. That glock grip angle always got me.  I shot that thing high every time I pulled the trigger and the trigger pull ugh! The government decided to order them all with New York style triggers. They had the worst trigger pull I ever came acrossed. I never did get used to it and I retired a couple of years after they issued them. I guess the ones with factory stock triggers were real good, I don't know.  I will give them credit they were reliable without fault. In a situation were you needed a gun to fire everytime no matter how dirty it was or what had happened to it, they were great!  I never seen one jam, not once. Most of the guys carried them and loved them. When I complained they all looked at me like I was nuts. So I guess they just didn't fit me well.   :D

Offline Savage

springfeild arms
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2006, 11:25:59 AM »
Sketterbaymac,
I carry and shoot several types of pistols, everytime I go back to my duty Glock, I have to make a concious effort to break my wrist enough to avoid aiming high. By the time I put 50rds or so thru it from the holster, I get used to it. Every other IDPA match I shoot, I use a Glock. This helps keep me familar with it, at least enough to be comfortable.
Savage