Author Topic: Fiber Optics on Pardner Turkey Gun  (Read 659 times)

Offline FX4 10-8

• Trade Count: (0)
Fiber Optics on Pardner Turkey Gun
« on: March 23, 2006, 08:13:58 AM »
Has anyone tried to put fiber optic sights on the pardner turkey shotgun? Did it work and what brand? Thanks

Offline kylongbeard

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 10:35:01 AM »
Yep, I tried to get it done.  My Pardner was shooting 10 inches to the right at 40 yds (could be poor shotgun skills, or the new choke tube I installed).  Asked a local gunsmith and it seemed to me that he just wasn't too interested in trying to help me put the fiber optic sights on it.  I went with a 40mm BSA Red-Dot scope instead.  Roughly $65.00 and I couldn't be happier at the moment.  I was initially against the fact of using a scope and just liked the idea of the open sights.  However,... I'm pleased.  I do think that the scope was mounted with Weaver #19 bases if this helps you at all.  Good luck and let me know how it works out for you. I would love to hear about your findings for future options in case I don't like the red-dot after this season.

Longbeard

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2006, 01:59:10 AM »
i put a HIVIZ front sight on my SB-2 pardner.i like it,it shows up much better than the brass bead that came on it.

Offline trky chsr

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 04:09:21 PM »
I put a set of Williams fibre optics on mine. Because I didn't realise you could screw the rear sight in place I ended up having them glued on. The front sight is still on but the rear came off after about 4 years. I just mounted a Burris handgun scope on it just for a change but I really liked the fibre optics. TC