Author Topic: Tulsa Gun Show  (Read 374 times)

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Tulsa Gun Show
« on: April 03, 2006, 03:56:30 AM »
WOW went this weekend and was really impressed, so much to see that it would take a full week to really appreciate it if you was to look at all that was there,  Did anyone else go and what did you think of it other than the HEAT the air condition was remover for remoldling, several of my friends were set up and were also complaining about the heat and all they were doing was collecting money from the buyers, we have already made plans for next year.   :D    JIM

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
Tulsa Gun Show
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 10:24:23 AM »
Jim, I sure like the Tulsa show & I am sorry that I missed it. I used to go more when I lived in NW AR. I plan on starting that yearly habit again, it
beats all of the other shows that I attend each put together. I have pretty
much given up on the Little Rock Shows.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Tulsa Gun Show
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 03:01:42 PM »
I'll sure agree with Jim on the lack of air conditioning in the Tulsa gun show building this past weekend.  I had a table on the upper level and it was brutal.  The humidity was really up there too and even the locals were complaining about it so you know it was nasty.  I've been going and having a table for the past few years, not to make any money, just to kinda sell off my unused/ not needed stuff.  The big floor fans that they set up were not felt by the guys in the middle of the aisles.  Your are correct, a person cannot possibly see everything in just one weekend.  A lot of the prices were real high and that's probably due to the table charge of $100 and you have to sell a lot of "stuff" to recoup that much.  I had a very nice Browning 1885 BPCR rifle in .45/70 to sell and had a zillion interested lookers but my refusal to accept a personal checks for over $1,000 (and my inability to take credit cards) caused me to bring it back home with me.  Oh well, perhaps the next show in October it'll work out better for me if I still want to sell the .45/70 then.  Hope you had a good time at the show (other than the bad order A/C)  Blaster (Bob in So. CO)  :-)
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Tulsa Gun Show
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 02:25:52 AM »
Blaster send me you table # and if I get there this Oct. I will look you up, not sure if our group will go i then or wait until next spring  JIM