Author Topic: Help Finding a Mold  (Read 619 times)

Offline R.M.

• Trade Count: (0)
Help Finding a Mold
« on: March 28, 2006, 12:23:43 PM »
Well, I'm about at my whit's end. Lee discontinued a mould that I want, and yet I just know that there's a shop out there somewhere that has one sitting on the shelf all covered with dust. I've about tried everything I can think of. I've Googled, and searched the internet, but I keep coming up empty-handed.
What I'm asking, is the next time you're snooping around your favorite reloading shop, take a peak and see if they happen to have a Lee

TL314-85-WC, it's a .32 caliber double ended wadcutter of the tumblelube design, 85 grain. I shoot competitively in the Olympic style events, including International Centrefire, where the .32 S&W long is the favored caliber. I have found this bullet to be excellent in my 2 Walthers. Trouble being, I'm wearing my 2 cav. mould out and would like to find another one. I should have bought a 6 cavity when they were available, but as you know, hindsight's 20-20.
I'm going to post this on a couple of different boards, and hope that somebody will run across one and notify me.

TIA
R.M.
mumby, at, cips.ca
The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kenneth L. Walters

• Avid Poster
Help Finding a Mold
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 10:24:06 AM »

Offline R.M.

Help Finding a Mold
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 04:05:09 PM »
Interesting site. Could have possibilities.

Thanks
R.M.
The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
Help Finding a Mold
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 11:14:40 PM »
have you tried the rcbs 98 wad cutter mold its been very accurate in my .32s
blue lives matter

Offline R.M.

Help Finding a Mold
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 05:16:42 AM »
Yes, I've tried most of them, and this one just seems to shine. I'm thinking that it could be the lighter, thus shorter profile. The HBWC are the worst, and also the longest.

Offline Haywire Haywood

• Trade Count: (2)
Help Finding a Mold
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 08:46:31 AM »
Ever think about getting a mold cut to those specs from a custom mold maker?  You'd probably end up with better results from an easier to maintain, longer lasting mold.

Ian
Kids that Hunt, Fish and Trap
Dont Steal, Deal, and Murder

usually...

Offline Smokin Joe

• Trade Count: (6)
Deo duce, ferro comitante
With God as my leader and my sword as my companion