Author Topic: Gender... Unknown?  (Read 775 times)

Offline lovedogs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Gender... Unknown?
« on: March 29, 2006, 05:48:19 PM »
I just noticed that under our titles/user names it now says "Gender...Unknown" for lots of us.  I'm not sure where we should post this.  And I'm not even sure it matters.  But I want it known that, I, "lovedogs", am a man.  I'm all man.  Never been anything else.  Never wanted to be anything else.  I have wondered if we had any ladies with us though.  Ladies can shoot, hunt, and spin yarns with the best of us.  Any ladies out there?  My lady friend is just as nuts about shooting as I am.  She shoots a .45-70 Buffalo Classic.  And she's a real lady, too.

I just thought you'd like to know.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Gender... Unknown?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 06:25:28 PM »
We have lots of ladies with us. This is a function along with the Buddy list and Ignore list that has been turned off for quite some while and has only recently been turned back on. Obviously the data we had there from before was lost when Matt deactivated the features.

You can go into yoru profile and change the gender to Male or Female even tho we had a member some while back who wanted to argue that those aren't genders but sex designations. None the less those are the choices. If you don't select one of them the server don't know so says unknown. Wonder if we could get "it" added as a category?  :-D  :D

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline crashresidue

Gender... Unknown?
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 09:24:10 PM »
I guess I fit under the "IT" catagory - I mean in  the sexual harassment class I was forced to attend, they informed me that I really NEEDED to get in touch with my "feminine side" - to be a complete individual.

Guess that makes me an "IT"!

CHEERS guys - I'm your newest "IT"!

NO kisses - just send money! :evil:

Gentle winds,
cr
When all else fails, call for the gunships!

Offline williamlayton

Gender... Unknown?
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 11:14:28 PM »
I used to be gender specific but the older I get the less it concerns me---I will admit it takes some pressure off also. :oops:  :P  :roll:
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Gender... Unknown?
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 01:40:47 AM »
You could ad all kinds of categories if you really wanted to appease the PC crowd;  'undecided', 'she-male', 'girly mam', 'manly man'....
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline lovedogs

• Avid Poster
Gender... Unknown?
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 05:27:03 AM »
My comments about "Gender Unknown" were just sort of being cute.  Kind of like when we are asked to fill out forms and it has a blank for sex.  I like to write in "sometimes"  or "once in a while" or some other intelligent thing.

I'm not sexist at all and am just curious about how many ladies we do have on this forum.  Come on, speak up, ladies.

I welcome ladies to our hunting and shooting endeavors.  Ask my lady friend, Joyce.  I love teaching gals to shoot and taking them out hunting.  They are fun and easier to teach than guys.  Guys always have this macho thing that makes them think they already know what to do.  That makes them harder to teach.  Most women will be honest and admit they are just beginning and will accept instruction.  Like Joyce.  A few months ago she couldn't even line up the sights on a .22 rifle.  Now she's darn good with one and has, just last week, started shooting a .45-70 Buffalo Classic.  She's gonna give some guys a run for the money in this years buffalo shooting competition when our club puts it on in Sept.

Ladies make good hunting companions, too.  They're patient and  seem to be more observant sometimes.  And they sure cook better camp food than most of us guys.  Every gal I've had hunting has enjoyed it immensely and says so.  It's fun and I welcome them!  I'd much rather take my gal along than leave her home.

Offline Daks

• Contributor
Gender... Unknown?
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 05:59:36 AM »
The ignore list is back on? Hooray! That will enhance my site experience tremendously.

Thank you!!!

Offline Greysky

• Avid Poster
    • http://www.geocities.com/catman_56/Creative_Crafts.html
Gender... Unknown?
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 06:18:51 AM »
I don't suffer from gender confusion. I'm not ashamed of being a man due to some ridiculous PC notion that there are no differences between men and women.

I do have a problem with men who insist on acting macho, as if they're afraid expressing themselves honestly will cause them to be perceived as less than manly by their peers.

I also have a problem with women who try to act as if they're loaded with testosterone in an effort to prove they can do anything a man can do.  I've performed tasks that women have attempted to do, and failed miserably at.

Men are men. And women are women. I like it this way. If others don't, they can complain to God.
If at first you don't succeed, by all means try again. But if this doesn't work, give up, because there is no sense in making a darn fool of yourself.

Offline Hammerspur

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Gender... Unknown?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 03:03:48 AM »
How about GENDER: yes :)
Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!