Author Topic: earplugs  (Read 441 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
earplugs
« on: June 06, 2006, 12:19:48 PM »
which one is better for shooting at a indoor range muffs or earpluges? also which is the best NRR to get 21,25,30?????
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Old Griz

earplugs
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 01:11:44 PM »
:cb2: Use BOTH! The higher the number the better. You cannot, repeat, CANNOT get too much hearing protection. Most of us found that out too late.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Patriot_1776

• A Real Regular
earplugs
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 01:23:06 PM »
Only fired indoors once in my life.  But, whether indoors or out, I always use both plugs and muffs.  I have electronic earmuffs, which I turn all the way up when I've got my plugs in.  I can hear normal conversation pretty well, but no fear of concussion and muzzle blast.  

Even with both, I always stand back a ways when someone shoots with a break.  One can never be too safe, and I want to keep my hearing for as long as I can.

:D
-Patriot
-Patriot

Offline Questor

earplugs
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2006, 03:45:50 PM »
Old Griz hit it right on the head! Use both-- it's called "double plugging" and it's really essential at indoor ranges. I use cheap foam earplugs plus 30dB Peltors. This is about the best arrangement there is and yet I want something better.
Safety first

Offline rockbilly

earplugs
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 06:04:19 AM »
:shock: I totally agree with Old Griz.  I spent many years shooting without any kind of ear protection, I also worked on and around aircraft for almost 50 years.  For the past 10-15 years I have been unable to hear conversation in a crowded room or when there is any kind of background noise.  

Get the best ear PLUGS and EAR MUFFS you can afford and wear them. :roll:  :wink:

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
earplugs
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 07:46:21 AM »
Got to go with the crowd, use both. :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA