Author Topic: Ordered a .22 Sportster from Walmart  (Read 980 times)

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
Ordered a .22 Sportster from Walmart
« on: March 21, 2006, 12:32:06 AM »
Picked it up yesterday and I was surprised to see it had iron sights and a non Mont Carlo shotgun type synthetic stock. I like the idea of the sights, but the stock is too big for my wife, so I put a youth stock on it instead.

I didn't know there was such a thing as a Sportster with the shotgun type stock. In the catalogue it shows the SS1-022 (which is what I ordered) with open sights and a Monte-Carlo stock, and the SS1-Y22 the same.

Also says in the catalogue that each comes with hammer extenstion and scope mount rail - mine did not.

If I had realized what gun I was actually going to get, I would have ordered the Youth in the first place!

Anybody else have this happen?

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Xhair

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 03:46:09 PM »
From what I can see in the 2005 description, the 22 Sportster came with scope mount and hammer extension with no iron sights available, and the 2006 description says it comes with both. Perhaps a call to H&R customer service may clear this up... ya just might get a scope mount and hammer extension from them since the item description says they should be included.

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 05:35:17 AM »
Yeah, I've sent them a letter on this very topic... It does say both in the catalogue, so perhaps I will get the scope base and extension.

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013