Author Topic: favorite bases & rings  (Read 371 times)

Offline Mike in Ct

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
favorite bases & rings
« on: April 04, 2006, 11:13:44 AM »
For just a walking about hunting rifle ...& for a dedicated bench / varmint rifle sporting some heavy glass....What are your favorite bases & rings & why ??? mike in ct...I'm getting feed up with stuff that breaks or loosens up with use...Had a screw shear off on my 22-250 rear mount ..I'm done with that big name american brand..I like the scopes but the rings/mounts are Junk!!..Even the expensive QD models gave me trouble...help mike in ct

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
favorite bases & rings
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 02:12:23 PM »
Leupold Dual Dovetail
Warne Maxima
Talley

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
favorite bases & rings
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 02:09:32 AM »
For my CZ 550 I use Talley quick release rings.

For my multiple Encore and Contender barrels I usually get the bases and rings from Fox Ridge Outfitters.

For Encore barrels or other rifles that have iron sites on that I'm not going to put a quick release scope mount, I like see through Kwik Sites that allow me to still use the iron sites.  These came in handy last week on a ground hog at close range making a dash for his hole under my porch; my 30/06 ruined his day.

I tried Leupold quick release mounts on an Encore in 375 H&H Mag. once.  They shot loose in short order.  I've never had any type of problems with other scope rings/bases as long as I tighten the screws properly and use Loctite where appropriate.