Author Topic: Inflation Knowledge Test  (Read 359 times)

Offline jvs

• Trade Count: (2)
Inflation Knowledge Test
« on: September 06, 2006, 09:27:20 PM »
I only ask these questions to test your knowledge as to what Inflation really is.

When Bread goes up from lets say...$1.09 to $2.29 - Is that Inflation?

NO!

When Milk goes from $1.89 to $2.49 a Gallon - Is that Inflation?

NO!

When you Electric Company applies for a rate increase - Is that Inflation?

NO!

When the price of Gasoline goes from $1.59 to $3.09 a Gallon and is responsible for Across the Board price increases - Is that Inflation?

NO!

By now you probably get the drift of my questions.  Price increases have little to do with Inflation.  So now, you might ask...."What in the World is responsible for Inflation ?"

Answer: When the Little Guys, like me and you, come to realize that we need a heftier raise to pay for Gas, Milk, Bread etc...  THIS IS INFLATION.    Cost increases for no good reason. 

The big boys can do what they want, and charge what they want.  This is NOT Inflation. 

Sounds fair to me........

We are designed to be at the Bottom and stay there.  If you want a raise that is 1% over the Inflation Index to get ahead, you are Inflationary.  Hence you are bad for this Economy.  Face it, you are not destined to be anything more than you currently are.  The Big Boys will fight Tooth and Nail to deny you a bigger raise.

The American people have a short memory.  About a year and a half ago, gasoline was around $1.59 a gallon.  In the last 6 months, the price shot up to an average of over $3.00 a gallon.  Now that the price has dropped around here to about $2.57 and lots of people think gas is cheap.  Gas is NOT cheap at $2.57, it's just less expensive than $3.09.   In the mean time, everything in the stores have new prices, because the shipping costs have risen.  Even though Retailers should not be required to swallow the costs of shipping, I wonder if the Oil Companies should be pulling in all of this money without regards to the rest of the Economy.

Ask yourself this question :  As fuel prices go down, will other prices follow suit?
 If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.