Author Topic: JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBURG  (Read 662 times)

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBURG
« on: April 09, 2006, 02:39:58 AM »
"In 1907, during one of the great immigration waves, President Teddy Roosevelt said that the immigrant who comes here 'in good faith...shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin.' However, he added, 'We have room but for one flag, the American flag.' Words well worth recalling as we noticed what student protesters decided to hoist up their high school flagpole while ostensibly demonstrating against immigration reform. In Spanish this is called reconquista, the reconquering of Mexican land lost during the Mexican-American war (1846-48), and its appearance in Los Angeles...adds a dark dimension to the entire immigration debate... Their inspiration is anti-Americanism, which they cheerfully articulate in banners proclaiming 'This is our continent, not yours!' They claim citizenship, or at least the benefits of citizenship, to be theirs by right, rather than something to be earned... Tragically, they are able to dupe idealistic students into advancing their cause by masking their true intentions behind the facade of ethnic pride or civil rights. Nothing is more un-American, especially for those requesting American citizenship... If the leaders of the Latino community wish to bring public opinion to their side, they must condemn these verbal and symbolic calls for reconquest."—The Washington Times
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 03:55:55 AM »
Hey man, I'm in complete favor of the wetbacks waving their flag around.  It's going to take a lot of outrage from people in this country to finally get the stupid Congress (primarily the Senate) to do what they should have been doing all along; demand enforcement of our immigration laws and our borders.  Hopefully, it will turn out to be like wavig a red flag in front of a bull.

I get spittin mad every time I hear a pundit, or limp wristed politician say that we can't deport all the illegals that are here.  No you can't, if you don't get started with it.  Put a bounty on the sobs--dead, or alive.
Swingem

Offline jimster

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 11:08:38 AM »
magooch...hits the X ring

Good shooting my friend

Offline Huffmanite

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 11:17:12 AM »
Uhh Magooch, the bounty on the illegals or the do-nothing politicians or both?

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 03:02:28 PM »
:D Another point of view from someone in the thick of the illegal immigration situation.  

This "letter to the editor" appeared in The Monitor, on April 2 in McAllen, Texas.  When the Winter Texans leave this area in the Spring, the percent of residents in the area is over 80 percent hispanic.  The following letter was written by a Hispanic lady who is a legal US citizen.  I just wanted to share her feelings with you......................Jim

Mexico has done nothing for the U.S.
To President Bush and legislators:

Stop sucking up to Vicente Fox and Mexico! They have done nothing for the U.S.A. They send their people here for public assistance, and don't tell me otherwise as I have worked for the Department of Health and Human Services for over 10 years. As it is, Texas is closing HHSC offices and not hiring new workers to save money, yet we keep supporting these people. If Texas wants to save money, we should stop providing services for any illegal alien and their offspring. Eight of 10 clients were from Mexico. Pregnant women would file for benefits to pay medical bills and once their little U.S. citizen was born, they would apply for food stamps, TANF (welfare check), Medicaid, WIC and housing. Some even told us their doctor in Mexico would send them here since our government would pay their medical bills.

I'm sick and tired of supporting Mexico and it's people. Now they have the nerve to parade in our streets demanding "rights" and legalization while holding a Mexican flag. Some are even desecrating our U.S. flag! (A school in California hung the Mexican flag over an upside-down U.S. flag!) Why doesn't the INS just round them up and ship them back?

If they want to be here, let them enter legally. Make them pay back any welfare assistance they have received, and if they have committed crimes, ship them back to Mexico. Those who are working here illegally are using stolen Social Security numbers. Doesn't this constitute identity theft?

I realize some Mexicans truly come here to work and want to be part of the U.S.A. legally and have followed the legal procedures to be here, and that'
s fine. How fair are the current proposals to them? Let them be the ones to receive legal residency or citizenship first.

As for those who have already broken the law to enter the U.S.A., shouldn't they be considered felons? The current proposals are a bunch of hogwash and should be thrown out, along with the politicians supporting them. And don't write back and tell me my parents or grandparents were from Mexico. They were born in Texas and never asked for assistance.

Ruby Ann Martinez, Mission, TX

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 03:12:51 PM »
I'm fed up too. Round em up, ship em out. POWDERMAN.  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Huffmanite

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 08:08:31 PM »
I'm was a Houston Tx high school teacher, but retired last year.  Two of my fellow teachers were of Mexican descent.  One about my age and the other relatively new to teaching.  Both born in United States and their families had lived in Texas for a very very long time.  Don't think either one of them had any relatives that they knew about in Mexico.  Both had pride in their Spanish/Mexican heritage, but thought of themselves as Americans and disliked illegal immigration.  Both thought it was out of control.  Wish I was sitting in the teacher's lounge the past week or so to hear their comments about the recent demonstrations.  I'm sure what they are saying is similar to letter posted by Rockbilly.