Author Topic: Ruger P95  (Read 602 times)

Offline Hatterasurf

• Trade Count: (0)
Ruger P95
« on: March 22, 2006, 07:12:19 PM »
Has anyone shot this one and what did you think?
John

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Ruger P95
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 12:45:28 AM »
Mine shot great, but I did not like how bulky it is. It is not a good choice for CCW. JMHO. :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline gino

• Avid Poster
Ruger P95
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 03:55:30 AM »
I bought on in '97 or so. Feeds pretty much anything, goes "bang" every time and is reasonably accurate. What more can you ask of a pistol? As far as the bulk factor goes us peasants in the Peoples Republik of Illinois aren't trusted with concealed weapons so to me that's a non-factor.
gino  :D

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
Ruger P95
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2006, 08:54:26 AM »
Probably one pistol that I will never get rid of. Mine will feed and fire anything I use in it, including Wolf. Mine is the stainless de-cock version and I have had zero failures of any kind. Bought it when they first came out years ago. Have a couple of the USA cheapo 15 round magazines, also and it works just as well with them as the factory 10 rounders. Bulky for concealed carry by today's standards. Mine will cycle with the CCI blue tipped rat shot rounds, too. Don't really know of a down side except it's not very pretty.
Romans 8:38,39

Offline BobYoung

Ruger P95
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 06:15:32 PM »
My P95 was very reliable, but not very accurate.  Can't remember it ever failing to feed, fire or eject.  I handloaded everything from very light loads to heavy, looking for accuracy.  Could never get it to shoot a reasonable group.  It was light, but seemed top heavy and rather bulky.  The sights on it were pretty good and it seemed quite well made.  Wanted to like it but never did and traded it for a revolver (Ruger BH .357/9mm convertible) that shoots much better.

I often wished I'd kept it as an "under the seat of the truck" gun.  Would've been fine in that role.
Bob

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
Ruger P95
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 06:30:16 AM »
My first centerfire auto pistol was my Ruger KP95DC. I have since bought a P90 and a KP345DC. My 95 is very accurate, follwed closely by the 345. Never had ANY problems with any of the 3.