Author Topic: BFR?  (Read 537 times)

Offline lisa1lacy2

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
BFR?
« on: June 05, 2006, 06:39:20 AM »
have any of you ever seen the 5 shot 45 colts that BFR made and can you load them like a freedom 5 shot just woundering :D

by the way it is called the sidewinder
Brian Milner

:blaster:
my idea of gun control is a firm grip.

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
BFR?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 10:48:20 AM »
I own a D Max sidwinder and enjoy it very much. I wish I had more time to shoot it. I have shot the hotest loads available from Corbon with no ill effect. The cylinder is nearly 3 inches long to accomate the 410 3 inch shells. The gun is massaive and has little recoil with even hot 45 colt. I would not hesitate to shoot the hotest loads, Magnum reaserch also makes the BFR in 45 colt +P in a short cylinder. my 2 cents.

Offline Bill T

• Contributor
BFR?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 03:14:50 AM »

I can't comment on the short cylinder BFR's, but these are my 2 long cylinder models. One is in .45-70, the other is in .500 S&W Magnum. Both are flawless performers.  Bill T.

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
BFR?
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 02:47:16 PM »
Don't recall hearing much in the way of poor quality with the BFRs.  I am curiuos as to one wouldn't simply go to a different chambering?  If one buys a gun based on if it'll handle the +p+ loads, why not simply buy a gun chambered for a hotter cartridge to begin with?  Either that or buy the creme de la creme and get a Freedom Arms and have multiple cylinders (chamberings)  in one revolver.
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.