Author Topic: Buffalo Classic Questions  (Read 644 times)

Offline Sweaty Bullitts

• Trade Count: (0)
Buffalo Classic Questions
« on: April 20, 2006, 05:53:14 PM »
My new BC's POI was significanly left of POA, both with the stock Williams sight and with the Smith sight.  They only approached each other with the front drifted max left and the rear max right.  The trigger pull was about 5 lbs.

I sent it back to H&R1871 with three requests:
1) fix the windage problem
2) replace the plastic parts with the metal parts
3) do a trigger job to lower the pull of ~5lbs to 2.5-3.0 lbs

They did 1 and 2, but not 3.  Nothing was included to explain why not.

The windage is right on now, with both rear sights. I did not send the Smith sight in, just the Williams.  It came back with the same barrel, which leads me to wonder what they could have done to fix the windage problem??  Same barrel, same sights, what changed???

I really expected them to do the trigger job.  I didn't ask them to do it for free, but from what I have read in other posts, they have done this for others, why not me?  I'd a paid for it!!!

Anyway, what my question to you all is, what's with the article in the May '06 Rifleman talking about when it says this rifle has a 3 lb 11 oz two-stage trigger?

It also says that the Lyman globe sight is also not SASS-legal.  I've read many times about the Williams rear sight not being SASS-legal, but never anything about the front sight not being SASS-legal!

Any input will be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Sweaty
NRA
SASS - California Rangers
Folsom Shooting Club

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 07:41:12 PM »
Sweaty:

I don't know anything about the rules of the SASS..and all..but I do know you could give H&R a call tomorrow and inquire on exactly what was done and why the trigger job wasn't done for you..Ask for Gordon the C/S manager...he's a real nice person to deal with and would be the one to speak with..Just remember to be nice when speaking with these fine folks..they can get pretty busy on Fridays...Oh...the triggers aren't 2 stage..just 1...they all have a slight amount of over travel in them..this is to ensure the transfer safety bar is in it's highest position..On these rifles..you have to pull all the way thru with the trigger...otherwise you'll get inconsistent accuracy...

Good Luck and let us know how you make out...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline EG

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
Hi

New to the froum and just purchased a Buffalo Classic. The Lyman Front sight is not legal for SASS in the shooters handbook.

I was reading an article about NEF Centerfire rifles where you could send them in to get another caliber barrel fitted. He had tuned up his trigger before he sent it in. NEF returned the trigger to the factory specs. His reccomendation was to get all your factory work done before you tuned the trigger. My guess is that it is a legal liability issue.  :cry: