Author Topic: Glock31  (Read 299 times)

Offline beard01

• Trade Count: (0)
Glock31
« on: April 21, 2006, 06:44:50 AM »
MY glock 31 cuts a groove across the firing pin when it ejects an empty case! Could this be from a weak firing pin return spring?   Beard01 :gun4:

Offline beard01

Glock31
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 01:05:07 PM »
I am sorry but on my post above I mea :eek: nt to say my primer had a grove cut across it not the firing pin. This happens on all primers on all ejected cases. Any ideas welcome  Beard01

Offline cattleskinner

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
Glock31
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 04:05:52 PM »
If I understand your question right, you're saying that the primer has a line on either side of the detent where the firing pin struck the primer.  If that be the case, then I'd say there is nothing wrong with the pistol.  Out of the 20 some glocks that I've looked at their spent brass from, they all do that...it has to do with the way the firing pin is shaped.  I'd say don't worry about it, and enjoy shooting it.

~~~Amos

P.S.  If you want to see what I mean, the next time you disassemble the pistol to clean it, push the little round button on the bottom of the slide behind the extractor while keeping the front pointed down.  Then examine the shape of the firing pin.  It's not round like some pistols, in that it is more of a flat shape with a point on it.   HTH
"You can't miss fast enough to win a gunfight"

Offline beard01

Glock31
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 04:27:21 PM »
Thank you so much I wasn"t worried about my gun  being unsafe but I was concerned my firing pin might break at a bad moment if you know what I mean!  This thing kept me up at night worring about trusting it with my life. Thank you again  Beard01 :lol: