Author Topic: Anvil Shooting (OT)  (Read 813 times)

Offline accuratemike

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.accuratepower.com
Anvil Shooting (OT)
« on: June 28, 2006, 04:37:53 PM »
Just caught a few minutes of Anvil Shooting on CMT (Small Town Secrets ?).  Pretty darn neat ! 2# BP max, 100# anvil min.  They were getting 75' +, straight up. Nearly as good as the launch, was the landing.  Big base  (Steel?) with a cup in the top to hold the BP. They machine the bottom of the anvil and butter the joint with peanut butter ( or PlayDoh ). Complete with spectators. Any sport with 2# of BP and a 100# anvil has to be fun to watch.  Just thought I'd bring it up, before I forgot (right). Enjoy, MIKE

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Anvil Shooting (OT)
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 12:23:49 AM »
I can see the national competition now!  A single iron fence post 2' to the left of the anvil.  Graduations every inch from top to bottom.  Winner is best depth driven in 5 of 7 shots.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Terry C.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • I see what you did there...
Anvil Shooting (OT)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2006, 12:26:04 AM »
Let's just hope they have better luck (and aim) than Wile E. Coyote.

:-D  :-D  :-D

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Anvil Shooting (OT)
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2006, 06:40:42 AM »
Weaverville CA  has--had and anvil shoot every 4th of July.  The would set an anvil up and fill the square hole on top with black powder. Trail a fuse from the powder. Cover the powder with a playing card, then set a second anvil upside down over the card and powder.  They would fire from sun up to sundown every hour.

Offline Santa Dave

• RBS
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Anvil shooting
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2006, 09:43:49 AM »
A bunch of us at work (a dead day in slow week) shot an anvil with acetyleene & O2 one day. The guys from next door thought we had blown something up! prolly hit 30-35 feet, made a dent in the blacktop we had to patch! A VP came out & watched then stated we probably shouldn't do it again! :)
Dave
Wear Something RED on fridayTo show YOUR support for our troops! Even if YOU don't support the war!