Author Topic: THE FIRST REAL QUESTION  (Read 2377 times)

Offline slink

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Compared to hitting ejected 22lr casings
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2006, 06:45:03 AM »
(which was done by Topperwein and Linde all the time) hitting the 2 cans in midair is a piece of cake.  It does, however, take an intense focus on speed-efficiency of movement, far beyond what the typical plinker-cop is going to work on.  The only gun likely to be at hand when one is needed is the one you are always carrying.  In most cases, for nearly everyone, that's NO gun at all, or at most, a pocket pistol.
Deactivated 04-22-06 for rules violations after repeated warnings.

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
Re: Compared to hitting ejected 22lr casings
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2006, 10:01:34 PM »
Quote from: slink
(which was done by Topperwein and Linde all the time) hitting the 2 cans in midair is a piece of cake.  It does, however, take an intense focus on speed-efficiency of movement, far beyond what the typical plinker-cop is going to work on.  The only gun likely to be at hand when one is needed is the one you are always carrying.  In most cases, for nearly everyone, that's NO gun at all, or at most, a pocket pistol.
As was asked earlier, where do you practice to ensure safety when you are firing up into the air?
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.

Offline jgalar

THE FIRST REAL QUESTION
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2006, 03:58:06 AM »
:wink: Shooting cans out of the air is child's play. If you can't do it you're just plinker scum. I can pull my gun and shoot a small woodland creature in the head at 40 yds in under .2347 seconds. While the ejected shell is still in the air I can turn and shoot it in mid air. I then turn and shoot the next empty in mid air and keep this up until the magazine is empty. I can empty the magazine doing this (no matter what the capacity) in under 1.3452 seconds. I would give you the names of the guys who witnessed my doing this, but I accidently shot and killed them while doing the stunt! :wink:

Offline Savage

THE FIRST REAL QUESTION
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2006, 06:18:33 AM »
:-D  Great post! But can you do anything fancy?
Savage :)
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline flash-in-the-pan

THE FIRST REAL QUESTION
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2006, 04:24:53 PM »
jgalar, I'd almost take the risk, (wearing my level III vest, of course) to be the first survivor to videograph your prowess.

Let us not forget the program introduced to the USArmy in the late 60's or early 70's by DAISY (yup, the b-b gun folks).  It was called "Quick Kill".   It did involve development of a snap-shooting style, and the instructors , as well as a significant number of the brand-new recruties quickly mastered it.  They were able to toss two asprin (or APC's, in the Army -  maybe salt tabs too) into the air and shoot them both before they hit the gorund.

This program was offered in the civilian market as "Quick Skill".   As a result of the way it was taught in the army, even those who had no prior firearm experience were able to quickly master the skill.

Here's a nice link to a breif discussion:
http://www.pointshooting.com/qkrifle.htm

Called "Point Shooting" , and beyond argument, it works.

Flash
Hath God obliged himself not to exceed the bounds of our knowledge?
Michel de Montaigne   1533-1592

Offline jgalar

THE FIRST REAL QUESTION
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2006, 05:19:13 PM »
:wink: But I can do it either left or right handed and blindfolded :eek:  :wink:

Offline jgalar

THE FIRST REAL QUESTION
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2006, 05:31:48 PM »
OOPS - disregard the last two posts I made.  I didn't notice that "slink" had been kicked off of Graybeard's forums. I was just trying to tweak that little twerp slink.

Offline papajohn428

• A Real Regular
THE FIRST REAL QUESTION
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 06:45:18 AM »
It's okay, jgalar..............we knew what you were doing, and enjoyed it anyway.  Have you ever tried shooting aspirin tablets left-handed while blindfolded and standing on your head?  If you can't learn that in 20 minutes, you're a no-count loser.  When I tried it, I got really good at it, but it gave me a headache.  And I was all out of aspirin!   :oops:

Papajohn
If you can shoot home invaders, why can't you shoot Homeland Invaders?