Author Topic: BC to the range  (Read 424 times)

Offline 38-55kidd

• Trade Count: (0)
BC to the range
« on: April 23, 2006, 05:25:54 AM »
I picked up an new BC limited gold rifle on Friday and made it to the range for the first time this year yesteday. I had a box of the PMC loads that I took with me.  The last 7 shots with the stock sights produced a group I could cover with a silver dollar at fifty yards, 5 shots were touching each other.  I was really impressed. I do not shoot much at all and could not believe the groups. The gun was outshooting a guy with a scoped .22 at the same distance next to me. I am going to start loading for it and try to get out to 100 yards next time. Quickdtoo, thanks for all the help and advice, I think I am just getting started with this one.
Any advice out there would be great.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
BC to the range
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 06:14:22 AM »
You're very welcome, glad to help!! Sounds like your first range trip was a real good one, wishing you more of the same!! You're hooked now, there's no possible cure, you can only treat the symtoms by getting more of these fine rifles and/or barrels!! :lol:

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 38-55kidd

• Trade Count: (0)
BC to the range
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 06:26:42 AM »
thanks Tim, I read in the paper work enclosed with the gun that other barrels are available. They show the 38-55 for about $100.
Can I buy this and use it on the frame I have now?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
BC to the range
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 06:47:45 AM »
Yes, you can!! They'll fit any barrel except the rimfires and the 10ga to your frame as long as the second letter of the serial number is "N" or later. The problem with having just one frame is you're out of shooting while it's gone for barrel fitting which can take anywhere from 3-8 weeks, 4-6 being about normal, just depends on how busy they are. It's a good time to have them lighten the trigger if it's too heavy, also!! :wink:

Tim

http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain