Author Topic: Acc Barrels  (Read 427 times)

Offline SDN921

• Trade Count: (16)
Acc Barrels
« on: April 22, 2006, 11:08:24 AM »
I got my Flutted .223 and hope for a good weekend coming up to goto the range and see how it shoots.  :grin:

Question for other users.

I want to get a few Acc barrels.

Is it better to get all the barrels for one reciever.
As I see the benefit on this you do not need to remember what barrel goes with what reciever.

The negitive is if I have a issue with that reciever I am out of luck till I get it repaired.

I will be bring 2 or 3 with me when I return to Wis for differant hunting seasons.  

Comments?

I am looking at getting

25-06
308 bull
35 Whelen
45-70
12Ga for birds

I guess I am getting hooked  :twisted:

Scott

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Acc Barrels
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 11:44:24 AM »
I started with one receiver. But after a small issue, I quickly learned that having 2 is a very good thing. Especially when you send off a frame to get fitted you won't be Handiless :)
You can find good SB-2 rifle receivers on the classifieds all the time for a fair and affordable price. Most new SB-2 receivers are so close in tolerances that interchanging barrels to another receiver requires little if ANY modifications.
Good choice in calibers too :toast:
-Aaron

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Acc Barrels
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2006, 12:00:22 PM »
What Aaron said!! :grin: A fella can't have too many Handis or barrels,(28 barrels and 16 frames and still have the urge to buy more!! ) but you can have too few frames as Aaron put it, and end up Handiless temporarily!! Pick up another frame or a complete rifle, then send one in for more barrels, just be sure to get a late model frame with an "N" or later second letter of the serial number so any barrel can be fitted to it. :wink:

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline SDN921

• Trade Count: (16)
Acc Barrels
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 11:35:13 AM »
Thanks for the input.

I will look into another gun.

Then send one in for the extra barrels.

Are most of the new frames close enough so that the barrels will fit with minor adjustments from Frame to Frame?

Are any of the models made with closer tolerances?

Would I be better off getting another Ultra Fluted or regular Ultra for the best bet of them both fitting the same barrels without modification?

I understand there is no guaranty that they will be close.

Scott