Author Topic: Encore frames  (Read 1063 times)

Offline NCshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
Encore frames
« on: April 28, 2006, 08:47:46 PM »
New to the site.  Have been lurking about for a couple of years and finally decided to register.  Love the site.

Have any of you noticed or heard of problems getting Encore frames recently?  I ordered a Encore pistol in .44 Mag about three weeks ago and have yet to see it.  My local shop owner said that he can't find anyone (of his distributors) who have a frame and had to backorder it.

Is this normal?

This will be my first Encore and I am about to go crazy waiting for it.

NCshooter.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Encore frames
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:48:05 AM »
First off welcome.  :D

Well I have ordered 2 Encore frames a month ago and received both in to days from talking to my gun dealer. It could just be your shop owners distributors have a hard time getting them.  With the new pro- hunter Encores coming out, I would not see why it would be hard to get a regular Encore frame. Have you tried a different shop to get a status on there distributors?
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Gabby

Encore frames
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 03:48:41 AM »
I'm about to order a new Encore frame.  What is the new pro-hunter Encore frame that was refered to.  Thanks

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
Encore frames
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 04:50:42 AM »
Quote from: Gabby
I'm about to order a new Encore frame.  What is the new pro-hunter Encore frame that was refered to.  Thanks

The new pro-hunter frame is the one with the swing hammer, and it is stainless with pro-hunter engraved on the side.

http://www.tcarms.com/TC_HTML/TC_New_PHbeauty.htm
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Encore frames
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 05:23:10 AM »
Some shops deal only with one or at most two distributors and are not set up to deal directly with any manufacturers. They usually do this because of credit arrangements and ease of ordering from those one or two distributors. They just won't even try to get it elsewhere. Most often when someone "can't get" you a fairly common item like an Encore frame that's the reason.

Some years back after Browning discontinued the Low Wall rifles I just had to have one in .243 Win. I think my local guy contacted at least 20 distributors and potential places who might have one before he located it for me. But locate one he did.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Grumulkin

• Trade Count: (33)
    • http://www.orchardphoto.com
Encore frames
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 01:18:43 PM »
If I were you, I would cancel the order and get a frame elsewhere.  I could probably go on gunbroker.com and have a frame within a week.

Offline AWGunS

• Trade Count: (1)
Encore frames
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 04:03:24 PM »
They are available.  I just ordered one for myself from Jerry's(OSHI).  Sports south has both blued and ss in stock also.  ASk your dealer who his wholesalers are.

A Smith

Offline swampthing

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
Encore frames
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 07:18:54 AM »
Great pick, it's worth a little wait but if it's back ordered for real long I would ask for a refund and go elsewhere.
I got one of those in a 12" .44mag, it is a tack driver with my handloads.
Used it this year on a Boar hunt. Hog was 190lbs on the hoof and quite upset that his friend, that was right next to him, just got shot. After making two poor shots and inducing a charge I sent another 280g LBT WFN at 1280fps through both lungs at 20 yds, where he had turned a little {I'm guessing} to let us see how big he was. That hit made him go belly up instantly then roll twice down a hill. When he landed he did not move again.

Offline NCshooter

Encore frames
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006, 01:28:46 AM »
I seriously contemplated calling other dealers and trying to find one on my own, BUT, good things come to those who wait!  My dealer, who had ordered the encore for me without so much as a down payment, called me on Tuesday afternoon and asked if I was still interested in the Encore.  His distributor, who had backordered, had just received a shipment of Pro Hunter frames.  Long story short, I picked up my Pro Hunter frame and .44 Mag barrel last night.  It is a thing of beauty.  The engraving really looks great.

Cant wait to get to the range. :grin:

NCshooter

P.S.  Is it just on my end or has the site been hacked?

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
Encore frames
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 03:06:00 AM »
Quote from: NCshooter
I seriously contemplated calling other dealers and trying to find one on my own, BUT, good things come to those who wait!  My dealer, who had ordered the encore for me without so much as a down payment, called me on Tuesday afternoon and asked if I was still interested in the Encore.  His distributor, who had backordered, had just received a shipment of Pro Hunter frames.  Long story short, I picked up my Pro Hunter frame and .44 Mag barrel last night.  It is a thing of beauty.  The engraving really looks great.

Cant wait to get to the range. :grin:

NCshooter

P.S.  Is it just on my end or has the site been hacked?

You will love the Pro-hunter frame.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline gully1441

Encore frames
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2006, 05:50:14 AM »
for some idiot to write stop the war in Irak, in the time spent he spent doing so maybe he could learned how to spell it first...Iraq.  He must be as much misinformed as he is illiterate.

Offline spinafish

• Trade Count: (24)
Encore frames
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2006, 01:29:23 PM »
AMEN!
the most heartwreching words any man will ever hear
"depart from me, I never knew you"  Jesus
We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” C.S. Lewis