Author Topic: use caution when buying Barrels listed on ebay  (Read 1550 times)

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
use caution when buying Barrels listed on ebay
« on: May 03, 2006, 04:07:36 PM »
watch this person on ebay:  isoldit.ca093
I bought an encore 454 barrel from them and they stated in the ad "This is a BRAND NEW IN BOX Thompson Center Arms Encore 454 Casull Item No. 537 12" Barrel.  Here is your chance to bid on and possibly own this exceptional quality Thompson barrel.  This item is brand new and in its original box and has never been attached or shot.

Features:

Thompson Center Arms
Encore
454 Casull
12"
Blued Finish
BARREL ONLY
Bid now for your chance to win!" But when I got it it was well shot had frame marks.
They are listing several barrels the same way

Offline EdK

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
use caution when buying Barrels listed on e
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2006, 04:30:42 PM »
rickyp, it looks as if you have a way out:

"All items sold AS IS. Returns are accepted ONLY if the item was not as described in the auction. Buyer must contact us at service.ca093@i-soldit.com to initiate a return within 3 days of receiving the item. Buyer is responsible for return shipping charges."

For $7 flat rate USPS fee you can get this dog off your back and into the hands of this seller. I wouldn't hesitate to to that.

If you really want to get all your money back (including outbound and return shipping) you can dispute it - make him eat it. I don't care what the guy's listing says about you being responsible for shipping in this situation. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out fully refunding rickyp (an extra $10-15) is better than another red mark on his feedback. After all, this appears to be his livelihood and you were ripped off!

Offline rickyp

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 04:42:20 PM »
this guy is real quick to first say it could not be used then whenI explain I am very use to buying new and used barrels he then told me it came from a dealer as a display. He was very quick to ask for it back first wanting me to ship it back and eat the shipping cost then he would refund my money. I gave gave him 2 options 1 send me a full refund + shipping to them before I send out the barrel, 2) give me a partal refund I was willing to take as little as $35.90 this would be about the same price he woud have to pay for shipping both ways. he wanted this barrel back and eat the $35.90 and listing fees just so he can resell this to some other sucker after his misleading ad I would not trust them to send me my money back once they have the barrel.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2006, 12:36:53 AM »
I never buy anything off Ebay.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Yel95

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2006, 01:12:47 AM »
Thanks for the heads up on this guy.  I buy barrel all the time on ebay and have had great success.  You really have toknow who you are buying from though.

Thanks again.

Offline rickyp

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2006, 01:28:18 AM »
I think this is the first barrel I bought off ebay. I have sold a few and when I descried them I was over honest I guess some people are not as honest as I am

Offline rickyp

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2006, 04:22:21 AM »
Looking trought the box before I trash it. I found a paper stuck in the bottom. giving some information about the contender and encore barrels. This is something they made up not taken from any website. on it, it tells me it has a 1 in 16" twist adjustable sights. then it has a pisture of an encore barrel with the product#, manufacture #, and "our price:$226.99.

so They do have a clue about contenders and encores. no excuse for them listing a used barrel as new but to try and get the price up and scam people

Offline rickyp

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 04:24:21 AM »
I just got an email from them and they offered me the  $35.90 refund i told them I would be happy with. This will give me money to send it back to T/C for a safety check

Offline billjoe

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Ebay
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 07:23:11 AM »
If you think a seller is purposely scamming you and you do not get it resolved, you can do two things
1) give them negative feedback
2) there is a place on the Ebay site you can register a complaint against the seller.  Ebay does not take those complaints lightly and you will get some kind of response from them.  Ebay tries to keep everything as ligit as possible.

Thanks for the heads up on this guy.  At any rate, you should put a comment into his feedback to alert others to his situation.  Negative feedback is like a death wish to an Ebay seller.
bj

Offline rickyp

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 08:35:08 AM »
I know all about feed back If I leave him bad feed back he will retaliate and leave me bad feed back because I called him out on an auction even tho I paid him with in a few hours of the close of the auction.

If I go the ebay route all he would have to do is tell them that he offered me a full refund but I refused to send the barrel back to him first. he already broke my trust when he listed this as a new barrel. and now offered me a refund that we both agreed on.

As to leaving a ward about this in his feed back I can not as long as he gives me back the money, as part of the agreement I told him I would good feed back saying only fast shipping.

Offline Lawful Larry

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 07:15:05 AM »
Hey Rickyp,
I say do the feed back and let others knowthe hole story on this bird.  

I have done a lot of business on the Ebay board and never had a problem with the exception of a late delivery on some brass.  I left some bad feedback for that.  

The people out thee really need to know this info and you would be doing a great service to them.   :wink:
Just another voice in the crowd!!!

Offline rickyp

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 08:46:26 AM »
I would love to leave this in the feedback but I am a man of my word and we agreed to this.
I got the refund this afternoon after I sent them a request for the money via paypal.

Offline Lone Star

• Reformed Gunwriter
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 02:54:13 PM »
I am sorry for the problems you have had, bad sellers exist although in my many eBay barrel transactions I have always been happy.  Always check the feedback of a seller before bidding.  I sell a few barrels myself and have always gotten very good feedback - because I describe my barrels very accurately and don't sell junk.

Offline rickyp

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2006, 03:47:37 AM »
I did get my $35.90 refund back from them and did as I said I would with feed back.

This is a company so they have a very large number of feed backs and a rating of something like 99.5%

I always wonder if they could be spoofing the feed back numbers somehow