Author Topic: HOLSTER  (Read 800 times)

Offline ARCHER

• Trade Count: (0)
HOLSTER
« on: April 30, 2006, 08:31:54 AM »
Well I just put together a tc contender pistol , ( G2 model ) and need a holster for it. It has a 16 inch barrel and is scoped. If you have something like this, what holster do you use and do you like it? I plan on hunting elk  with it if drawn .

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
HOLSTER
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 10:41:06 AM »
I doubt you will find a holster real comfyl with such a long barrel
I had a belt holster for my 10 inch barreld contender and did not like it. the weight of it would keep pulling down my pants and made it hard to sit.

Now I only use a sling. it makes it easy to carry my handgun to and from the hunt. when I am hunting I have the handgun in my hand.

If you are dead set on using something to protect your handgun get a soft side case that will fit your barrel and put a few brass gromats in it and run some nylon straps trough it and use it as a bandola holster

Offline JD HHI 6092®

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
HOLSTER
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 02:04:32 PM »
I assume your looking for a Bandalier style holster. Pistol Packaging,  http://www.pistolpackaging.com , might have what your looking for.   I've never used one personally but I've heard good things about them.

Where you plan on hunting Elk?
The only thing you should feel when shooting insurgents is recoil.

Offline old coach

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Avid Poster
HOLSTER
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 02:44:54 PM »
I have the bandilier holster from pistol packageing. I carry a 14" contender scoped. Also have a holster for a scoped MarkII .22. Both work GREAT. You can tie the bottom of the holster around your waist or to your belt. This lets you run, bend over, climb, etc. with the gun under control. You can buy 1 shoulder strap then get  holsters to fit different guns. You carry it cross-draw type, easy access.

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
HOLSTER
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 06:55:54 AM »
I use the pistol packaging holser, but I carry it on my belt.  Whether it is a 10" or 14" barrel, scoped or unscoped it gets carried in a holster on my belt.  Never thought it was that uncomfortable.

Offline billjoe

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
HOLSTER
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2006, 07:17:04 AM »
You may laugh at this one, but I use a drill tool holster that I bought at Menards for $8 with my 10 and 14" hunting barrels.  The barrel sticks out the bottom.  There is a strap that goes over the frame and snaps down.    Fits a scoped gun perfectly.
A 16" barrel won't be all that handy with any holster I wouldn't think.
bj

Offline Hunter Mann

HOLSTER
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 04:41:48 PM »
Not going to laugh at that one. You use what works for you.

When I bought my .270 Hunter Package, Jays Sporting Goods couldn't find the soft case that was supposed to come with the gun. I was looking through the isles and knew that I was going to want shoulder harness. I asked them if they would throw in the TC Shoulder Harness, and they agreed.

It's the only shoulder harness I have ever used for this gun, and it suits me fine. I do a lot of still hunting with this pistol. I have about 1.5 miles of trails through my 80 acres, and about 12 differnt places I can creep up to and overlook many different food plots. When I creep up to the spot, I do so on my hands and knees....almost a comando belly crawl.

A shoulder holster is almost an absolute must. I can be lying completely on my stomach and draw the gun easily with this set up. It is also protected from the rain and snow.

I'd be dragging a slinged pistol through the underbrush if I didn't have the shoulder holster. Wise to evaluate how you plan to hunt with the gun before you buy.

Offline ARCHER

HOLSTER
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 07:31:21 PM »
I went with  Uncle Mikes Vertical Shoulder Holster # 13. The price was right at the time. I have not wore it much yet, but wore one when I lived in texas. I have never hunted much with a pistol but hope to get a chance this fall if I get drawn here in arizona. Elk or deer look out! :D