Author Topic: It's not a Handi! But  (Read 494 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
It's not a Handi! But
« on: May 04, 2006, 07:41:45 AM »
Still carrying my Handi 30-06 on the Handlebars, but have a new backup for when the target is beyond 500 yards.  Yes I can hit at 600, and sometimes at 700 yards, but the energy just isn't there.  I want to hit 100% of the time at 700, and 800 yards.  I also want to have enough energy left to make a clean kill on something bigger than a Cayote, or Wolf.  Got a Weatherby 338-378.  I know I'm transgressing, but, but, but, I'm addicted to shooting.  And the farther the better.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Ditchdigger

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (12)
It's not a Handi! But
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2006, 11:00:17 AM »
I read a artilcle awhile back on reloading for the 338 378 in Guns and Ammo,and they had the 180 gr. bullets(I think)travelling along at a sedate 3600 plus fps. It would make a great Praire dog rd. :)  :)  :) Digger
Rest in Peace Old Friend July 2017