Author Topic: John Murtha on NPR this morning  (Read 499 times)

Offline Questor

• Trade Count: (0)
John Murtha on NPR this morning
« on: November 08, 2006, 04:04:10 AM »
The topic dominating this mornings interview with John Murtha was "troop re-deployment", which is the hallmark of his Iraq plan. This means that the plan is to leave Iraq. He actually said that we should leave it to the Iraqis to solve the problems themselves.

If this is the sort of thing we can expect from the new Congress, then we're in deep trouble because it means we will have dropped our defenses in the Middle East.
Safety first

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: John Murtha on NPR this morning
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 06:59:42 AM »
As soon as his so called plan is kicked into motion it will only be a matter of time before these extemists become bold enough to unleash attacks on our own soil again.  Now we will be known for not finishing what we started.  D__N it all! >:(

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 09:02:23 AM »
This is also a great way to build relationships.....Hey, you take control and we, the United States, will support you......a couple of years later.........ah....I know I told you we are your friends........ah....and we really are....but....see ya....gotta go.........oh by the way, if you survive can we do business?

Thailand threw us out after they watched what happened in Vietnam.   They figured out real quick they don't need friends like us......no commitment......

America lacks commitment.  Our divorce rate is a pretty good indicator of that.

Sorry if I make anyone mad, but pulling out of Iraq will send the wrong message to the rest of the world.  It will only make the next fight harder to win.  Our enemies already know we're a low hanging fruit nation that will cut and run when things get tough.  We've done it to many times in the past.

We made some promises to the Iraqi people.  We need to keep them.  Lets change the worlds perception of America.......our friends and allies need to know that we mean what we say and are willing to support them because we told them we would.  It sounds crazy I guess, but it's about honor and reputation.

Cutting and running damages our credibility around the world.  We owe it to ourselves to be true to what we believe and honor our commitments.

Yes TM7, the social elites will profit, but I'm sick of seeing our country hated around the world.  We must work to improve our image, and quit butting into other nations business for the sake of corporate profit.  We also should think long and hard before making a commitment that requires the blood of our sons and daughters.   I watched on TV as the house and senate gave the power to president Bush to enter into this blood relationship with the Iraqi people.  If it was a good idea then, why isn't it a good idea to finish what we set out to accomplish?

Our forefathers were willing to die for freedom.  The believed in a higher power and held themselves to a standard set by that same higher power.  They understood that it was better to die than to live life in tyranny, and many fought and died to ensure our freedom. (Which we so willingly give up each day)   We, the American people, promised that same gift to the Iraqi people.  If it was achievable when the promise was made then what changed?

I say "LETS STAY"!  THE PROMISE HAS NOT BEEN FULFILLED!

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Mannlicher

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 11:23:20 AM »
Get used to the 'era of American appeasement'.     It will really go down hill when the Dem's take the White House.  They are going to make every effort to win the war on terrorism by capitulation.  After all, they are the party that claims the only reason 9/11 happened was because of America's foreign policy.
Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2006, 12:16:25 PM »
  All;

Ditto !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)