Author Topic: Leupold LPS?????  (Read 367 times)

Offline CT Bowhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
Leupold LPS?????
« on: May 14, 2006, 05:50:13 AM »
Okay since my last post I picked up a Tikka 7mm mag. Based on that post the unanimous response was to get a LeupNikZeissBush :-D. but Jon was out of stock.

I'm going to get a Leupold scope. It's between the VXIII or possibly the LPS series. I own a Bushnell 3200, Nikon Prostaff and just traded a rifle with a Bushnell 4200 and one with a Leupold VXII.

Jon or others are the LPS series really that much better???? We're talking about $300 + more. Money is not really the problem. Just wondering if it's really a useful upgrade in quality/clarity??????????? I'm not into names or status, just good quality that I don't have to worry about :-)

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Leupold LPS?????
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 12:45:06 AM »
Personally, I would recommend going with the VX-III over the LPS.  There is not a whole lot of difference and you do save the money.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline CT Bowhunter

Leupold LPS?????
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:40:18 AM »
Jon,

Thanks. It's great to get an honest answer from a great vendor :D

I'm a volunteer fireman in town and they give us an annual stipend based on how many calls we make. It's not much but I use it for my toys!  I told my wife I'd put it toward my son's braces but she'd said no :shock:

I spent a day in the hospital this year after getting heat exhaustion at a nasty fire. She says I haven't figured out that I'm 46 and need to let the young dogs do the hard work.  She said to go ahead and blow it, I mean spend it on toys. I'm still in shock :o

Offline Zachary

Leupold LPS?????
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 03:41:33 PM »
Jon, as usual, is right on the money.  The VX-III is noticeably less expensive than the LPS, but you hardly tell the difference.

I bought my VX-III from Jon a few months ago and mounted it on my Kimber Montana in .300WSM.  What a scope!  It is relatively short, lightweight, and has excellent optics and tracking.  I highly recommend it!

Zachary