Author Topic: Possible 3rd Fatal Gator Attack!!!  (Read 733 times)

Offline WmRoy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum

Offline Questor

Possible 3rd Fatal Gator Attack!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 03:41:36 AM »
It's realistic to expect more of this. Gators are very prolific breeders and wander seasonally to find new ponds and waterways to colonize. They are also enjoying a special status today because they were considered a threatened specie for a long time. In fact they still had that status for at least a decade after they became common varmints in Florida.

My favorite gator stories are the ones where a gator waits to ambush passing dogs next to trails where people walk their dogs. Oh Fluffy! My Fluffy! He was here a second ago!  Witness the baffled dog owner staring down at a shredded dangling leash.

I believe there was one case where about thirty dogs disappeared in a brief time at one particular location.  For a while some speculated that a new Chinese restaurant had opened nearby, but it turned out to be a hungry gator instead.
Safety first

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 04:31:17 AM »
So what are the regulations now with the gators?

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 06:31:19 AM »
Gator tail! Yummmm Yummmmm......(taste like chicken), either have PITA move them to a safe place.......or let's eat them!

Many years ago, near Jacksonville, there was a place called White's fish camp....if I remember correctly........Served a platter of Catfish, frog legs, fried turtle, Alligator tail, hush puppied, and french fries.....Man.....talk about some fine eating.......It was a small place, out in the sticks, but they sure did know how to throw down a fine feed! :lol:

My thinking is a 9 foot gator ought to have several pounds of tail meat.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 01:43:18 PM »
What's the stink?  Gators gotta eat too.

If folks want to play around where gators hang out, they oughta be prepared for the occassion when they ain't got no say in what the game is gonna be.

:wink:
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2006, 02:44:22 PM »
Hmm, let's see.  There's gators in the waters of FL and these idiots keep wandering into these locations.  Who's to blame?  The gators or the idiots?  Either way the resonable solution is to simply kill the gator that's either protecting thier territory from the invasive idiot or being a part in the food chain.  Oh wait, that's the solution to any animal probelm - kill it.  Why see just how many idiots it takes to make others start to open thier eyes and think a bit about where they venture to.  Powr to the gators! :twisted:
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.

Offline bud340

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2006, 06:14:01 PM »
I would rather freeze to death than get bit by a reptile.  I hate snakes all kinds even grass snakes.

Thank God it gets cold in Canada!!!

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 12:10:06 PM »
Maybe we can get PITA to relocate them to the Rio Grande!

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 06:27:28 PM »
:D Just yesterday I read about one about three feet long that entered a house through the dog door and was in the process of trying to make a meal out of the dog when the owner got her gun and shot the gator three times, she ran the gator outdoors and some one called the law, they called a wildlife officer.  He arrived and gave the lady a ticket for hunting out of season.

I dropped a few words on the wildlife folks through a letter to the editor in the Bradenton newspaper.  My letter should appear tomorrow (21 May 06)

My question was, is it not legal to defend yourself against an intruder in Florida, if so what is the difference between a gator and a man, both are intruders. :roll:

Offline Hammerspur

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 02:51:03 AM »
This quote about crocs fits gators as well in my estimation:

"It is not easy to hit a crocodile so as to kill it outright...I managed to kill four of the ugly brutes...As for the wounded, I had no regrets. I hoped they would die later. Crocodiles are the enemies of all life, and should be slaughtered without any compunction...the only thing you can be sure of is that he is an inveterate killer of all creatures within reach...the lust to kill the brute is overpowering, but seldom satisfied."

Major W. Robert Foran (Kill Or Be Killed: The Rambling Reminiscences of an Amateur Hunter, 1933)
Steve
Of course guns are dangerous... if they weren't they wouldn't be good for anything!