Author Topic: 6.8mm rem. for deer  (Read 625 times)

Offline ATR

• Trade Count: (0)
6.8mm rem. for deer
« on: May 20, 2006, 12:28:19 PM »
Hello,
I have a contender carbine, and have recently bought a contender pistol and ordered a 17mach2 barrel for it. I also want to get a barrel for deer. After looking at alot of calibers the 6.8 is looking pretty good.
Whats you opion on a good deer cal. for the contender pistol, somthing that doesn't kick like a mule.
                                                                         thanks,,atr

Offline Gregory

6.8mm rem. for deer
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 01:18:23 PM »
I've killed deer with a 300 Whisper and a 357 Mag from a Contender pistol.  They work, and I'm sure the 6.8 will also.  Just don't expect the deer to be knocked off it's feet.
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Offline hutch

6.8mm rem. for deer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 04:45:15 PM »
The 6.8 with 110-115 grain bullets shoot very nice in the 14" barrel and will take a deer no problem.
You could also pick up the 7-30 Waters too and have a real nice shooting deer barrel.

hutch

Offline spinafish

• Trade Count: (24)
6.8mm rem. for deer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 04:51:14 AM »
I have a 23" rifle barrel for the 6.8 SPC and its a shooter!  From my expansion test.. milk jug of water and wet newsprint..I am recovering some bullets that mushroomed beautifully.  I am looking forward to using it on deer this fall/winter.
the most heartwreching words any man will ever hear
"depart from me, I never knew you"  Jesus
We may ignore, but we can nowhere evade the presence of God. The world is crowded with Him. He walks everywhere incognito.” C.S. Lewis