Author Topic: Need a Little Stress Relief? (a change from most topics)  (Read 588 times)

Offline Patriot_1776

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Need a Little Stress Relief? (a change from most topics)
« on: May 21, 2006, 06:09:58 AM »
Time for a change from doom and gloom topics around this pot-bellied stove.

Here you go:  For reality pros, once-in-a-while duffers, or jes' plain desk jockies, give this Mini-Golf game a try.  Once you start trying to achieve nothing but holes in one, you know your addicted.  Don't try this at work though!

My best score so far is 38 (yeah, Special. :wink: )

Mini-Golf

How did you do?

If you want to play it often, but don't feel like looking for it here, or everywhere else on the web, make it a shortcut.  Its easy, go to "File" on the toolbar above, fine the word "Send", then click on "Shortcut to desktop," and there it is! (I'm using XP, I don't know about other operating systems such as Mac.)

:D
-Patriot
-Patriot

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 08:41:21 AM »
I don't care to discuss the 12th and 18th holes.  Darn hills!!! :x  The rest I came in at par or birdied.  Think I eagled one hole.  In all not bad for a first attempted.  I used to have a real nice golf game on an old 'puter'.  You could choose from several famous courses and the play was very realistic.  You got to choose your club for each shot and even had to contend with wind conditions etc.  A lot of fun.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Patriot_1776

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 10:36:53 AM »
Brett, are you talking about the old "Fuji Golf" program that used to be on the older PCs, like mid '90s?  I remember that game; I used to play it alot.  It had a power meter that started after the first click, then you had to time your second mouse click to what power stroke you wanted.  That game's features included wind conditions, also had to deal with the typical hazards, and one could choose a different club.  I used to play "Ski Free" alot too.  :drink4:   It was always that darn Abominable Snow Monster that got me!

-Patriot
-Patriot

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:06:54 AM »
Patriot, It may have been 'Fuji Golf' I don't recall the name for sure but it had the power meter just as you described and the time period of the mid 90's would be about right. Wish I still had a copy of that game I really enjoyed it.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Patriot_1776

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 02:34:19 PM »
Got a new best score today: 29!

I'm starting to figure more ways to achieve holes in one; you just have to play the angles right.  Bear in mind, there are only a couple of holes were you can't get a hole in one.  Even hole 18 is possible with one shot.  :twisted:

We need some more scores up here!   :grin:

-Patriot

Edit:  OK, I edited the score in this post three times now in less than 40 minutes...It is getting easier.  Keep tryin' guys!
-Patriot

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2006, 02:45:44 PM »
There is no dout in my mind that i truly hate this game , my scores go up not down .  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped