Author Topic: TC customer service  (Read 621 times)

Offline katahdinlogman

• Trade Count: (0)
TC customer service
« on: May 30, 2006, 03:50:35 AM »
Hey, I bought a G2 with the 45/410 barrel. its is has a 10" barrel. the reason i am posting is that i called to get a front sight which is missing and they said that unless the barrel was from the custom shop I could not have a 10". I looked the barrel over and didnt see "custom shop" anywhere. and unless my tape measure is lieing its 10".
    and even if it was from T/C and had a 12" barrel they would charge me $15.00 for the sight and screws.... what happened to Lifetime warranty?

Offline 22popnsplat

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
TC customer service
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 05:52:29 AM »
Who did yo buy the barrel from ? I would go back to them . If you bought direct from T/C this would be different , current standard production does not include a 10 inch barrel , you may have got new old stock and the dealer removed the sight for some reason?

Offline Bullseye

• Trade Count: (9)
TC customer service
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 06:37:47 AM »
Is the barrel used?  They have not made the 10" barrel for 2 or 3 years.  If it is new and the thing was in the box, maybe they should give you the sight, even though it was probably on there when it left the factory and was removed at a store.

If the barrel is used, why would a lifetime warranty cover a missing sight unless the screws broke from recoil and the sight flew off and could not be found.  Half the used barrels I see do not have front sights because the previous owner removed them, if they sent one to everyone that called and said they was missing theirs it would get expensive.

If the barrel is new, I would have the dealer call them and explain that it is new but old stock to get your sight.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
TC customer service
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:32:05 AM »
I agree with everyone else. If the barrel was new you need to go back to where you bought it. If it was used, pay the $15.00, if you want a front sight. Lifetime warranty does not cover lost parts.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline katahdinlogman

• Trade Count: (0)
TC customer service
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2006, 01:17:04 AM »
thanks for the replies. I made a mistake though and didn't catch it until reading it through just a min ago.  the dealer that i bought the gun from said that the contender was his personal brand new G2. and that he had broken the sight recently and that if i was to call T/C they would ship me one. I can see the reason that T/C cant and sholdn't ship to anybody who asks for somthing especially a second hand owner. The reason an issue came up is that the G2 never came with the 10" barrel I didn't know this when i was told that it was "new". so it was just as much a shock to me that they hadn't produced a 10" barrel for years. the lady on the phone (who was very nice btw) said that they only make the 12 and 14" barrels.  My problem is with the Gun shop i bought the gun from and not T/C. I have owned many T/C's over the years. a few Encores,black Mtn Mag .50,Black mtn mag 12 ga, T/C senica,T/C hawkins,contender carbine,the Patriot pistol,the white Mtn Carbine,and Renagade, and not ONE of them has ever had a problem with the exception of the front bead on the 12ga Black mtn mag which got replaced by T/C no questions asked.

Offline Keith L

• Trade Count: (4)
TC customer service
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 03:33:39 AM »
Part of the problem we all have with TC is that they are inconsistent when it comes to supporting their warranty.  I have had a number of warranty repairs that I didn't deserve.  It all depends on who you get on the phone.  And often we are hear of problems that aren't really problems, but seem so compared to the times when TC exceeded expectations.

I hope your situation works out.  Good luck!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."  Benjamin Franklin