Author Topic: What guns would you get if starting over?  (Read 656 times)

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
What guns would you get if starting over?
« on: May 22, 2006, 07:14:13 AM »
If I was starting over and buying everything new knowing what I know now, meaning I'd know what I would and wouldn't be using them for. This would be my list.

Handguns-
1- G31 357 Sig (W/ extra G22 barrel) carry gun.

2- G33 357 Sig (W/ extra G27 barrel) carry gun.

3- G19 9mm plinking.

4- S&W 617 22 lr. 10 shot 4" barrel plinking/hunting.
edited- I'd get the 6" instead of the 4".

5- S&W 686 4" 357 mag. plinking/trail gun

6- S&W 629 Classic 5" 44 mag. close range deer hunting.
edited- I'd get the 6 1/2" instead of the 5".

7- Sig P220 w/ DAK trigger, just to have.

Rifles-
8- Remington 700 VLS 223 Rem. w/ a Leupold VX-II 6-18x40mm Adj. Obj. scope, varmint hunting.

9- Remington 700 CDL 30-06 w/ a Leupold VX-II 4-12x40mm Adj. Obj. scope, open range deer hunting, maybe even black bear hunting and anything else except big bears.

10- Remington 750 Woodsmaster Carbine 30-06 w/ a Leupold VX-II 2-7x28mm Ultralight scope, deep woods/brush gun.

11- Marlin 45-70 w/ a Leupold VX-II 2-7x28mm Ultralight scope, thick cover wild boar, black bear hunting.

12- Rock River Arms AR-15 A2 TASC Rifle.

13- Ruger 10-22

Shotguns-
14- Remington 11-87 Premier 12 ga. w/ a 28" vent rib barrel and a 23" fully rifled barrel w/ the cantilever scope mount and a Leupold VX-II 2-7x28mm Shotgun scope. Half our state is shotgun only for deer hunting!

15- Remington 11-87 Premier 20 ga. w/ a 26" vent rib barrel (this is my favorite shotgun!)

16- Remington 870 12 ga. 18" barrel and 7 shot magazine.

That's about it for me! What about you?  :grin:  :)  8)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline slide-flipper

Don't know for sure...
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 01:18:18 AM »
the list would probably be too long!!!

I'd definitely keep the Shiloh Sharps that I had on order but then sold my order to someone who didn't need the money as bad as me...

I want my Model 29 back...

Sure would like to have my P85 MkII back... big and ugly but it ate everything I fed it and was easy shootin'...

I'd probably start with a collection of Marlin and Winchester levers, shooters but not safe queens...

I'd definitely buy more Contender barrels...  

I would like a few different uppers for my AR-15...

Would like a Seecamp just for fun...

That .50 BMG is really a "gotta have"...

See what I mean... I've already "spent" about $10K, and haven't selected a shotgun or twelve yet, no bolt rifles yet either...  dreamin' is expensive!!!

slide-flipper

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 04:25:20 AM »
- Savage 99f in .300 savage pre mil
- Remington 1100......wood, 2 3/4" (pre 1990)
- Browning a bolt 22

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 05:49:51 AM »
i would keep my browning .243 and my gold hunter 20 gauge...

i would also keep my Blackhawk Bisley in 45 colt.

i would, however, get a Weatherby in .257WM and a Featherlight winchester model 70, in 6.5x55.

i would also add a Glock 22.

-Matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 07:37:50 AM »
WOW... I'd have to say every gun I've got plus a few more... but that's not really realistic.

If I limited it to a bare minimum number (say "8 guns") of firearms, I'd choose:
1- The Savage Model 99 in .300 Savage for big game hunting in the lower 48.
2- A double-action .45 ACP Ruger semi-auto pistol for my "house gun" & hunting side-arm.
3- A heavy-barreled Sako I already have in .222 for varmints.
4- A Belgium-made, Pigeon-grade Browning Superposed in 12 gauge for pheasant hunting.
5- An older Charles Daly 28 gauge over/under (built on a 28 gauge frame, wt:5¾ lbs) shotgun for upland game (dove, quail, partridge, grouse and rabbits).
6- A Kel-Tec P3AT .380 light-weight pistol (12.6 oz.- incl. 7 rounds) for concealed carry.
7- A Ruger 10/22 rimfire carbine for squirrels and fun-shooting.
8- An old S&W K-22 (6" barrel) for target & fun shooting.

And these if I could choose even more:
9- A short-barreled 12 ga. police riot pump-shotgun for home defense.
10- An older (3-screw-no "interupter") Ruger Super BlackHawk (7½" barrel) in .44 magnum for handgun deer hunting in Ohio.
11-The original .44 magnum Ruger semi-automatic carbine for hunting deer in heavily-wooded, nearby States (Ky. & Mich.).
12-A pre-'64 Model 70 Winchester in .338 Win. Magnum for elk, moose and the big bears.

Strength & Honor...

Ron T.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 02:05:04 PM »
Quote from: Ron T.
10- An older (3-screw-no "interupter") Ruger Super BlackHawk (7½" barrel) in .44 magnum for handgun deer hunting in Ohio.

I just picked up an old model Blackhawk. Man, they do not make 'em like they used to. About the only way I'd know it was a Ruger is it has some trigger creep. I know it's not a new one, because when that hammer lets go, it's under less than 3 lbs of pressure!

I just have regrets about things I sold, namely a Mini-30, Winchester 1300 WF, and a Marlin 336 with an unusually slick action. Ah well, I'm keeping what I buy now, and I'm not buying any more junk.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 11:36:40 PM »
I would have been more orderly and thoughtful in purchases.
I would have eliminated many that I bought and saved for weapons that, while costing more, would have served better purposes.
I would have gotten a Colt Python in .357.
Long guns have not held a fantasy for me so I am happy with what I have. Saying that, I am going to get a good .06 one day.
Weapons would have been limited to Sigs, Colts and at least two SVI's and few more STI's.
Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Echo4Lima

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2006, 07:08:56 AM »
Colt M16A2HB

Upper for above in 6mmSPC, flattop Picitinney rails

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2006, 07:48:20 AM »
Remington Nylon-66, TCR-83 with multiple barrels.  That's all
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2006, 07:11:46 PM »
Starting over would mean that I would not have any of the guns that I currently have... :cry:   I believe that my starting over would be buying a new gun safe, and have the new empty space to fill   :grin:   The list goes far out from there
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."