Author Topic: G2 problems  (Read 810 times)

Offline katahdinlogman

• Trade Count: (0)
G2 problems
« on: May 24, 2006, 01:20:10 AM »
I just bought a used contender G2 with a 45/410 10" barrel on it. I have a few questions.
    the forearm on this gun looks out of place. it has two holes and the barrel only has one??? ok no big deal to me just a little odd.
    the other thing is that the front sight is compleatly missing. its a non vent rib with an adjustable t/c iron sight.  no big deal here t/c will prob cover it.
     now for the kicker. on the trade i was told i could have another barrel out of the deal. so i picked out the used 10" 30-30 barrel and put the gun togeather to see if it fit properly....well the hammer wouldn't cock. now correct me if i am wrong but the G2 is supposed to accept the older barrels right? i mean this 45/410 looks more used than the G2 frame so i think thats an older barrel. i was disapointed but oh well can i get some help. oh. and the choke will NOT come out of this thing. i am using the wrench an wow its in there good.

Offline handgunhuntr

• Trade Count: (33)
  • Contributor
G2 problems
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 01:48:42 AM »
Ok,  I might be able to help here.  As far as the 30-30 barrel, it sounds like you have an old style locking lug, just call T/C and explain it to them, they will send you a new set of lugs and a roll pin.  For the 45/410....I had the same problem and soaked the end of the barrel in PB Blaster.  After about 20 minutes I was able to remove the choke.  Hope this helps.
This is the Land of the Free..Only because of the Brave!! 
US Air Force Veteran

Offline katahdinlogman

G2 problems
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 03:12:38 AM »
lugs and roll pin? I just told the dealer about this and she was just getting ready to ship another gun with the same problem back. I just saved her shipping fees. I thought somtihg was off when I couldn't cock the hammer so i cheated myself out of a perfectly good 30-30 barrel that could be fixed....... I am looking for a barrel with a little more range than the 45/410.  when i get the front sight i will trade with anybody that has a differernt barrel that would like to trade.

Offline hutch

G2 problems
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 04:30:01 PM »
Hello,

This may sound weird but I had a G2 handed to me that would not cock.

I loosened the grip bolt just a little then everything was fine.

I have over 80 barrels and none have locked up on me on any of the 13 frames that I have. I have the seen before where the locking lug had a burr on it and was hard to open.

Get the 7-30 Water or the 6.8 SPC if you want a nice shooting deer barrel with mild recoil.

Hutch

Offline kidolds

Forend
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 02:15:11 PM »
I Know what you mean by the pistol grip bolt in too far,and not cocking. I left the washer off and found this out. as far as the forend it sounds like you have one for a 16inch barrel. they look good on a 14inch barrel. The one i have and use I just put a short bolt that just goes in the wood and not to the barrel. Enjoy shooting