Author Topic: Wolf Gold Line Ammo  (Read 1012 times)

Offline jmckinley

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« on: April 11, 2006, 08:39:15 AM »
:D Has anyone used the New Brass case Wold Gold Lone Ammo? It sounds like it should be ok, but my experience with their other ammo has been mixed. My SKS eats it like candy myy 223 doesn't like it at all.
                                                                               Jess
Jess

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 10:03:32 AM »
I bought a box of 150gr for my 270, but haven't shot them yet. Probably tomorrow, I'll get out with them.
They aren't the cleanest, and the brass looks like it's already been fired once :?  Perhaps resized once fired 30-06 brass?
Anyway I believe I'll use my $10 from now on, towards good clean Federal Power Shock's. It's hard to beat that price, and I have always had good sucess with Federal ammo, as far as factory ammo is concerned.
-Aaron

Offline Blammer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 10:30:38 AM »
I bought some for my 8mm Mauser and my 223 rem, both are good stuff.

Offline sealer

Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 12:45:27 PM »
what is the headstamp on the wolf ammo?
thanks,dennis
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave with a well preserved body,but to come in-sliding sideways,screaming Holy Cow--- what a ride !!!

Offline Blammer

• Avid Poster
Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 04:54:18 PM »
NNY and the year (ie 2004)

Offline MGMorden

• Trade Count: (3)
Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 05:27:46 PM »
Can anyone who has got some of this stuff confirm if the bullets use a steel or a copper jacket?

Offline myarmor

Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 05:59:03 PM »
These are copper jacketed for sure.
It's cheap reloadable hunting ammo...not that there's anything wrong with that :) .
I am curious to see how it performs throught out different calibers. Still didn't get out there today :x  tomorrow looks more promising though.

Offline nevada223r

• Trade Count: (0)
Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2006, 03:22:15 PM »
I shot a box of .44 magnum out of my old Marlin 336. It shot pretty good. Good enough I'll try a couple more calibers next gun show.

Offline Stan in SC

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Headstamp "NNY"
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 01:32:00 AM »
The "NNY" headstamp indicates that this ammunition is made for Wolf by Privi Partisan.It's good ammunition in all calibers in my experience.

Stan
The more I listen,the more I hear....and vice versa.

45/70..it's almost a religion.

Offline myarmor

Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 01:06:06 AM »
Just to bump up this topic a bit, I did get a chance to try the 270 150gr SP Wolf Golds out..the result wasn't very good sad to say at least in my rifle. Groups were sparatic with the 1st shot being 3"left and the next 3 shooting with in 2", after that they started to spread more unevenly. So I just did some off hand practice and collected the brass to reload.
I was wrong before, these cases have been annealed I believe. The brass was difficult to work with and I believe it to be pretty stiff, as compared to Winchester brass. Also the primer pockets where very dirty and took a lot longer to clean out, even then my primers didn't seat as easily as I would have liked.
I worked up a few loads from them though and will take them out this week to see how they do.
Just thought I would put this out there in case anyone is just wanting to pick up some practice ammo and extra brass. Hopefully your experiance will be better than mine.
 :toast:

Offline Blammer

• Avid Poster
Wolf Gold Line Ammo
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 04:56:16 PM »

pic explains it all I think.