Author Topic: Meopta scopes any good?  (Read 1112 times)

Offline elmerdeer

• Trade Count: (0)
Meopta scopes any good?
« on: March 28, 2006, 03:59:16 PM »
I'm looking at 4x16x44mm 30mm tube 3000 series is it any good and what does it compare too. Its $950 canadian dollars so its a bit pricey, but I want to know if anybody has any experience with it.
Thx Elmer

Offline killdeer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Meopta scopes any good?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 01:52:04 PM »
elmerdeer,
While I have never owned a Meopta, they are gaining a following in N America. I have never heard a complaint about them but have heard a fair bit of praise describing them as a quality upper mid range optic. My impression of them is that you will get your moneys worth.

KD

Offline BUSTER51

• Avid Poster
Meopta scopes any good?
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 07:31:30 AM »
I have handled the Meopta and they are very heavy and at the time were a step down from IOR . i sugest you talk to Jon at the Optic zone .

Offline killdeer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Meopta scopes any good?
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 08:51:32 AM »
Like IOR, Meopta makes both steel and aluminum scope models.

KD

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Meopta scopes any good?
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 11:17:15 PM »
Thats the model I looked at as well. I have to say I was very impressed with this scope. Though sadly I haven't used it in the field :(  I too would love to hear from other owners of Meopta scopes.
-Aaron

Offline kenjs1

Meopta scopes any good?
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 06:18:23 AM »
I returned an IOR which was replaced with a Meopta which I found to be superior.  Fabulous scope.

Offline Brithunter

Meopta scopes any good?
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 01:48:45 PM »
Hi all,

Well I have two Meopta scopes that I am very happy with the first is an old one, and I mean old it's a small 3x steel scope in a dedicated mount to fit the ZG47 Brno rifle made just after WW2 and it still works perfectly. The second is a 7x50A which I have on a Swedish 6.5x55 mauser again I am very happy with this scope both of mine were brought used and i have no complaints and do recomend the Meopta make. I just wish our importers were not quite so greedy and they were more affordable as it is I can actually buy a Schmidt & Bender scope cheaper  :roll:

Offline slab12

Meopta scopes any good?
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 01:57:46 AM »
I now own and use 4 Meopta scopes, for years I used Leupolds and while they were good scopes the last one I bought really gave me problems it was a 6.5-20 x40 long range varnmit reticle. I use my scopes mostly a the edge of dark for hunting fox and deer. I now use only Meopta scopes I have 3 of the Artemis 3000 series in 3-12x40 with the German #4 and 1 Artemis 2100 in 3-12x50 with the #4a on my 270. I really realized how good the scopes were on a evening I was fox hunting in a deer stand with my caller out in the field with my decoy, I saw the fox come to the end of the field it was so dark I could just see him with my naked eye then it got darker and I lost him for a few minutes then I heard him running in the cornstalks out in front of me so I put my rifle up in the direction he was and found him in the crosshairs and bang flop that was all of him. Now don't you fellows get angry I LIKE AMERICAN MADE STUFF, however in my hunting trips over the last 40 years I have found there is no substitute European optics in twilight and dark conditions.