Author Topic: Important notice about the Cannon list  (Read 576 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Important notice about the Cannon list
« on: June 09, 2006, 08:59:58 PM »
I have updated the Cannon Resource list with a new warning.

The cannon resource list has never been anendorsment of any of the persons on the list it has simply been a gathering of websites that might have products for our hobby.

That being said here is the new warning I have added to the cannon list"

CAVEAT EMPTOR
Contact these sites for information about their products before ordering. Dealers may not update their sites frequently. Dealers may list products that they no longer have and may have products not listed. It’s best to send them an email or make a phone call to inquire about what they have before[/b] ordering. On large websites use the website’s search function to find what you are looking for or use your browser find function to search.

Do your research, before you order.  Query the Companies on http://www.google.com .  Use the Search function on GBO. Find out what is being said about the companies before[/b] ordering..  Make sure you know who you are dealing with and where they are before[/b] ordering..  Get contact information, including email address, business addresses, and telephone numbers, before[/b] ordering.

Before you send money, communicate with the company.  Ask about delivery dates, back order and stock availability.  Lock down delivery dates.  If possible, pay with a credit card or postal money order.  Don’t send cash, grocery store money orders or cashiers checks.  Keep records of every contact and transaction.

Keep in mind that a lot of these products are unique items.  You won’t find them at Wal-Mart.  The items are often hand made by craftsmen who work out of their garage.  These people often have a real job and work on these products in their spare time. It is time consuming and costly to set up and make these articles.   Be patient.

I can not vouch for the reliability of any of these sites.  You must deal with them with caution.  I am only providing this list a resource.

I have not seen one complaint  posted on this board that would not have been avoided by following this warning.

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 12:12:42 AM »
Excellent!
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 03:57:12 AM »
OK DD, you have covered it.  When a potential customer calls the vendor to make an inquiry about a product or to order a certain product, he should make certain that the vendor is aware of the fact that he is expected to at least return a phone call IF the customer needs to check on his shipment.  It is acknowledged that the vendors are most likely very busy and in many cases, with a regular job not associated with their Blackpowder supply "business" but they can still take the 30 to 60 second required to make a return phone call.  Just yesterday, I purchased a propane tank gauge for the grill.  This gauge shows the amount of propane remaining in the tank.  There were absolutely no instructions accompanying this item so I called the toll free number of the vendor's customer service dept.  Waited on the line for 25-minutes and finally got a customer service person who spoke in broken-english.  He couldn't answer my question so told me he'd have to switch me to a tech.  OK, but I told him that I do not want to want another lengthy time for a tech so he assured me that it'd be no more than a one or two minute wait.  Got switched and got the same recordings that I had originally received.  Wanited twelve minutes again and then got a message that the firm was closed for the weekend - try again Monday.  This type handling is getting to be the norm lately.  Sorry for the rant! :evil:
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)