Author Topic: Posting Pictures on GBO just got simple!!!!!  (Read 427 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Posting Pictures on GBO just got simple!!!!!
« on: June 16, 2006, 06:20:31 PM »
Graybeard did it again, he made posting pictures on the board simple.

In order to post a picture on the board you need to have your picture hosted some where on the internet.  Well  now you can host your pictures right here on Graybeard's.     And, it is simple to do even for those of us that are computer challenged.

First click on the link at the top of the forum just below the Graybeard Outdoor.com banner called My Hosted Pics

Read all about My Hosted Pics and then click on the  Sign up  button at the top of the screen.  Fill out the application and submit it.  A confirmation email will be sent to you.  When the message comes follow the instructions in it to confirm you email address.  

Once that is done simply log in to My Hosted Pics click on the Upload button and you are ready to upload pictures .

From the Upload page, click on the browse button and find the picture you want to upload and click on the upload button.   Your picture will automatically be uploaded.  

To post a picture, click on the My Images button at the top of the My Hosted Pics board.  Find the picture you want to post and click on the line of code to the right of the picture called BB Code.  The line of code will highlight.  Just copy  and paste it into your post. You don't need to do anything else.  It's already formatted. It's that simple!

Oh did I mention the best part, It's Free!!!!

If you want to send a copy of a picture to someone copy the code called URL and paste in your email message. No need to send an attachement that takes forever to upload.

To post a picture on another Website all you have to do is copy the HTML code.

Very simple.

Thanks Graybeard!!!

Offline Santa Dave

• RBS
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I must be dumber thanthe average bear
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 10:49:29 AM »
I posted this for two reasons:
A I can't get it to work, (It worked fine the first time) And B
I wanted to get it back near the top so other folks could find it.
I found some cannons in San Diego and took pictures (WITH powder can)
I have resized , and they will not upload! :(
 Dave

Follow up:
I just tried to email them and it appears as if their incoming server is down. when I tried to send a question, it came "Cannot find server"
If any one is interested I will send the pictures to you. :-)
Dave
Wear Something RED on fridayTo show YOUR support for our troops! Even if YOU don't support the war!