Upland birds
6 (28.6%)
Yotes and fox
6 (28.6%)
Rabbits and squirrels
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: June 18, 2006, 04:18:46 AM

Author Topic: H&R / NEF Shoots  (Read 968 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
H&R / NEF Shoots
« on: June 18, 2006, 04:18:46 AM »
Ok guys we have done P-dogs , what other type of hunts , shoots can we come up with to do as a group . any ideas .

Come on people lets kick around some ideas and see what we can come up with , as much as i loved the P-dog shoot , it's not fair to Wess and Dan to expect them to do all the work every year .

Maybe we can come up with something in another part of the country with a whole diffrent shooting type setup .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Wlscott

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
H&R / NEF Shoots
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 04:45:13 AM »
Prairie dogs just kind of fit for this kind of shoot where you've got a large group of people.  

I could probably do an upland hunt this year even easier than the prairie dog hunt.  There's so many pheasents this year it's incredible.
You haven't hunted......Until you've hunted the hunters

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
H&R / NEF Shoots
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 04:57:27 AM »
Wess

You do have more birds than i have every seen in one place at one time , but it is not fair to expect you to take the time to set up something every year and as much as i love the country out there that 18 hour drive just killed me .

Also i know that you did not get all the help that you had expected for this years PD shoot and it was rough on you .

I was thinking that meybe we could give you a break for a year and let someone else do the leg work and you could just hunt for a change .
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
H&R / NEF Shoots
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 05:43:59 AM »
PHEASENTS   Now that is something to think about.  Wess I want to say again how much I enjoyed the P-dog shoot this year. In its own way it was better than last year you did good.
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline sumoj275

H&R / NEF Shoots
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 03:50:11 PM »
Pheasents, I had never seen so many in my life.  I would love to help bring the population down a bit 8)

Offline Uncle Ji

• Avid Poster
  • ILLEGITIMUS NON CARBORUNDUM EST
    • Hawaiian Style
H&R / NEF Shoots
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 11:45:48 PM »
WILD PIGS, most places no closed season, many places no hunting license needed (out of state licenses can get pretty steep for a blue collar worker).   Could even turn it into a tournament with prizes for largest boar, or biggest tusks.  End the outing with a pork barbeque!   :D

Offline sumoj275

H&R / NEF Shoots
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 02:55:27 PM »
A pig hunt would be great.  I know this much, I really enjoyed the pdog hunt and meeting a lot of great people.  
Take care