Author Topic: Posting Pictures using HTML-Don't!!!  (Read 395 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Posting Pictures using HTML-Don't!!!
« on: June 26, 2006, 04:36:50 AM »
If you post picures on this board DO NOT use HTML CODE!!!

If you are using a photo hosting site look for the line called BB or forum code. This code will start with a IMG in square brackets.  Copy this line and post it. You do not have to click on the IMG button at the top of the reply window if you use the code from your photohosting site that starts with Square bracket IMG.

The HTML code offered on most Photo hosting site is not intended for posting on these boards. It is intended for use in building websites . It contains code for branding.  Using that  code on this board causes the post to be wider than most screens.  That's why you have to scroll right and left when a picture is posted using that a code.

If you know how to write HTML  and want to use it. Do Not use Center.  This also causes the page to be wider than most screens an require scrolling right an left to read the post.

Offline jeeper1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 05:39:45 AM »
If you post picures on this board DO NOT use HTML CODE!!!

Sorry but that's the only way I can get a picture to show up. The following pic shows what I have to work with.
[/imghttp://www.huntingpictures.net/photoview/006697" title="Hosted Free at www.huntingpictures.net">http://www.huntingpictures.net/photo/006697" border="0">img]
Of the four links shown the html is the only one that will make a picture for me. I don't know if it is the hosting site or what that is the problem. I use that site because I can upload multiple pics at one time. I've tried using all the choices with and without the image buttom and the html line is the only one that does any good at all.
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 07:09:42 AM »
Well, I just registered and uploaded a couple of pictures to Huntingpictures.net.

BB code is listed as an options but it won't work on this page.

I have registered for sevaral of the other free photosites and none seem as complicated as Huntingpictures.com.

Just a suggestion, why don't you give www.myhostedpics.com[/color] a try for posting on Graybeards,  It's free also.