Author Topic: sorry but,  (Read 1463 times)

Offline 45north

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
sorry but,
« on: July 04, 2006, 06:20:24 AM »
Hello all,

I have trolled here for years and posted here for a little while. I have to say I am not happy with this new look of the forum. I can not and will not continue, just like a bad movie on TV, I change the channel. It is time to change the channel.

Adios amigos,
  the campfire looks good about now.

45north

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: sorry but,
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 02:34:33 AM »
Sorry you feel that way......all things must change.....I will admit I'm still getting used to the new look myself.....
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline NYH1

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 07:28:22 PM »
The only thing I care about is that it works!  ;)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 11:38:51 PM »
Hate to see anyone leave unhappy. It appears that all things change and I think that one can adjust to the new look. It will be OK and I do hope you wou would give it a chance.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2006, 12:51:29 AM »

You Can't make every body happy, but this to me looks like you need
 to get adjust. So if it get rid of the hackers, I can use and enjoy it.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 01:05:45 AM »
i remember when graybeard and matt switched to the last software.  i didnt like it either at first,  but it grew on me quick and soon i couldnt even remember what the old site looked like.   
   i dont care really about the appearance of the information,  i just care that it is accessible to people and that Matt and Graybeard have as trouble free days as possible.   
  THANKS TO MATT AND GRAYBEARD FOR ALL OF YOUR HARD WORK AND EFFORT!!!!!!

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 01:58:18 AM »
  Key word here is "adapt."  This change was due to circumstances rather than
   just for the hell of it. 
    I, like a lot of you guys, had some problems getting back on board but i just kept
     plugging along and low and behold i finally broke through.
   No need to throw in the towel, to good a forum plus to many savy people on
    here to do that. Plus the give and take is always fair and balanced, most of the time ;D

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 09:50:30 AM »
just like a bad movie on tv?  should the substance of this board (which hasn't changed) be what you judge it on?  the rest is just the superficial stuff.  a little flexibility is a beautiful thing.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 10:14:48 AM »
Look folks if people want to leave GBO for reason beyond our control.... Let'em... If they want to blame it on the new look... Let'em as they must not have gained any knowledge from GBO and must be so smart that they do not need us anyway...

People I am doing everything I can to make this place work to the point of putting my real world life and job on hold. If this is not enough for some then the hell with them and I will show them the door....

The look of GBO has changed over 15 times in the last 9 years some times because I felt like making it look different and some because we had to for the sake of the site... If you base your visiting of a site on how it looks and not the information and usefulness of such information then by all means go find you a pretty site and stare at your screen all day if it makes you happy... I kind of like the way this looks and will be tweaking it to give it that GBO feel we all are used to but until the attacks have stopped I can not do this... The new software is far better than the old in many ways... This is why I went with it....

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2006, 10:48:52 AM »
Matt he is not worth a reply.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2006, 02:38:49 PM »
Your doing a fine job Matt.....thanks! :D
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline Big Hext Finnigan

• Contributor
    • http://www.theopenrange.net/forum/index.php
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2006, 06:06:14 PM »
It must be better than before, because I haven't been able to log in for weeks.
Hope to be able to drop in more often.

Adios,
BHF

Keep up the good work!
But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.  - Edmund Burke

Offline NYH1

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2006, 06:15:36 PM »
Matt, you guys do a GREAT job. Thank you!  :)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2006, 09:23:39 PM »
Thanks all... I do what I can and then I do more... LOL... I just do not have time to waste on people who want to do nothing but cause a problem... and when I already have a problem.... I am not a nice guy... LOL .... just ask GB  :o

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 01:12:28 AM »
SAVAGE .250
Fair and balanced ?????
I resent being described as balanced, well, er tha hen said that bout me, anywho, i will see that you will change that attitude.  :-* :D
Blessings
Bill
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2006, 02:09:26 AM »
I like this place.  I don't remember paying anything for it either.  Since I don't pay for it, and I use it and enjoy it, all I can say is THANK YOU!
CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 10:15:56 AM »
Good point Cement Man, I don't recall paying anything either. I am hesitant to be critical of something that I have not done myself & I have never tried to set-up anything like GBO. I am willing to bet that it is much harder to set-up & run one of these things than it would appear. Anything
that I have done in the past that is worthwhile was more difficult to do than it first appeared & you
will have snags along the way.  If I want to look at pretty colors or something scenic, I can go outside & look around or look at the Discover Channel. To me these forums are about exchanging ideas, I have picked up some good tips here & I hope that I have given a couple.
Thanks Matt for your efforts!!!!   :)
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Shorty

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2006, 11:58:00 AM »
I can adapt to the new format (heck, I adapted to all you rednecks after Shooters shut down).  'Trouble is, my 'puter is so out-dated AND FUBAR that this new format isn't working on it. ??? Are ya'll worth buying a new 'puter?  We'll see. :(

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2006, 06:45:56 PM »
Rednecks, hey I resemble that, or brown neck at least!!   ;D
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2006, 03:27:08 PM »
 ::)Some folks just get a charge out of urinating in their mess kit..........As someone said, The price is right, I agree and think I can adjust to the changes, sides, Matt did a great job inb my opinion......... 8)

Offline jhm

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 03:50:14 AM »
Ive been through many changes here I remember the original forum and it just keeps doing like the county fair getting bigger and better every time, keep up the good work Bill and Matt. ;D   JIM

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 01:58:28 PM »
As long as it is in english I can read and understand it and I'm happy with it. Good work Matt.

Offline sparsons

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2006, 03:22:23 PM »
Like most every one else I am glad things are up and running again. Having taken up muzzleloading last fall this was the first forum I found thanks to a friend. When it went down I thought it was my puter. I am here to learn more about the sport from those that have been around it longer and are much wiser. Could not care less what the layout is while it might impress some it is the information you can glean and the friendships that you can make that is most important.

Online Casull

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2006, 03:46:05 PM »
Ditto to most of the above replies.  I've only been hanging around here a few months, so I wasn't wedded to the old format.  The price is right, the conversations are mostly good, and I have learned a few things.  Keep up the good work Matt, and remember if your making 98 or 99 percent of the people happy you can't ask for anymore.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 09:04:31 PM »
Well all I can say is that I am glad that for the most part everyone likes or can live with the new software. I am still working out bugs and trying to get GBO back to 100% and I will get there soon. But I have to say that I really like this new software, it is an Admin's dream come true. I am able to have control of so many things from a single click where as it took page after page to get the same on the old software. Plus this one has much better logging and tracking features aimed to help stop and prevent board hacks.

If I can ever get the forum banners and the search to work right for me then I will have this thing whipped. I want to get to a point that we can offer serval themes and let the GBO members pick what they want and change it as often as they want.

I just ask that before people go getting upset and mad because the format changed they would just read the help section (THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR Ya KNOW) sorry didnt mean to yell. But anyway read it hey it even has pictures....LOL... and even GB is starting to get the hang of it, so if he can do it....

Matt
― Albert Einstein