Author Topic: Finally!  (Read 441 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally!
« on: August 28, 2006, 04:56:14 AM »

FINALLY!!

An answer to the de-Americanizing crap that's suffocating our country.

A short, concise message that makes sense. Every business should be required to install this message on their phone and ATM system.

GOOD MORNING,
WELCOME TO THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Press "1" for English.
Press "2" to disconnect until you have
learned to speak English

Offline Casull

Re: Finally!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 06:51:28 AM »
Excellent!  The only thing to add - make it a requirement for all government offices as well.
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 08:43:52 AM »
I agree, I called Ranpolph AFB, TX a while back to get some information from the personnel department, had to talk to three people before I found someone I could understand.  The government has hired a lot of immigrants.  I wonder how many of them are legal?

Over the years, I talked to several military members who readily admited they were illegal immigrants and  had enlisted in the military in order to obtain citizenship.  I have no problem with a man trying to better himself, but there is something wrong with this picture too.  Does the military say "it is OK to be in this country illegaly as long as you will enlist in the military.  A lot of this is due to the shortage of enlistees and need for additional personnel to meet requirement for Iraq.   In my opinion, it would be better to go back to the DRAFT, that way all of our young men would have an opportunity to serve.

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2006, 04:42:31 AM »
There's nothing stopping our young men from serving, without the draft.

I think it is a very bad idea to allow non-citizens to join our armed forces.  It would not be a good thing if our military becomes no more than mercenaries.
Swingem

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2006, 09:01:00 AM »
Before I retired in 2001, 65% of all the troops in the US Army at Ft Wainwright Alaska were immagraints (non citizens).  That was before the War got started.  I asked why they had enlisted, many told me so they would not get deported and sent back to their home country.  They had come over on a student visa, and had decided to stay.  When the INS caught up with them they went to a recruiter and enlisted.  Now they are off the hook so to speak and have the time to apply for citisenship.  I met folks from South Africa, Brasil, Paru, Columbia, Hati, But by far the most came from Carribian Islands like the Deminocian Republis.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.