Author Topic: Stolen VA laptop recovered  (Read 492 times)

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
Stolen VA laptop recovered
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 04:44:05 PM »
I heard this on the radio, and I just knew I'd find you posting about it. Well, that's good news, but I'd like for the FBI to reveal how they knew it was not accessed. That'd be a neat trick, since the contents of the hard drive could be duplicated endlessly, and without evidence, without the host computer even being powered on.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 09:44:00 AM »
Quote from: DWTim
I heard this on the radio, and I just knew I'd find you posting about it. Well, that's good news, but I'd like for the FBI to reveal how they knew it was not accessed. That'd be a neat trick, since the contents of the hard drive could be duplicated endlessly, and without evidence, without the host computer even being powered on.

I have no clue how the FBI could say with 100% certainty that the data had not been accessed or copied.........

Also Tim.....and I really getting that predictible?
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 03:26:56 PM »
I didn't mean that in a bad way.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 05:24:36 PM »
Heck  I know that! :)
Barry Goldwater

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2006, 08:52:08 PM »
I think they may have said that to try and make some of us feel better.  Didn't work on me, and I doubt it worked on you.  The wife is not believing it either.  She is inspecting everything.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.