Author Topic: Pressure Indicators  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
Pressure Indicators
« on: December 08, 2002, 07:50:36 AM »
:idea2: Some real easy ones are that the print on the back of the shell casing is starting to flatten, along with the primer. Primers are getting easy to punch during the loading process. This means that the pressure has opened up the primer pocket enough to make it a little loose. The head stamp(lettering) and  primer flattening are two of the most common signs of high pressure. In a cast bullet load, you should be getting some serious leading from high pressure, due to the smearing from the high velocity. This leading problem will make the pressure curve peak real fast too because it restricts the opening in the barrel. Hope this helps and that you haven't any of these signs. Pressure can be deadly explosive!!
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline hubbard

• Trade Count: (0)
Pressure Indicators
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 09:04:37 AM »
along with the earlier mentioned signs , i look for sticky extraction of the fired brass.

Offline Aladin

Re: Pressure Indicators
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 11:49:56 AM »
Quote from: Lee S. Forsberg
Need a List of Pressure Indicators. Can anyone send me a list or point me in the right direction to find one? Thanks

Lee you might describe your pressure problem if you think you have one. What powders are you using?
Aladin

"that's my story and I'm stick'n to it"

Offline Daveinthebush

Try here!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 01:47:12 PM »
http://stevespages.com

Steve has some pictures of primer pressure indicators, slpit cases and many other items that you may want to see.
AK Bowhunting Certification Instructor
AK Hunter Certification Instructor
IBEP Bowhunting Certification Instructor